Plato — Liberate your Heavy Grail

Plato is a switch plate for the Heavy Grail that gives you the freedom to build and mod to your heart’s content. It frees you from the constraints of the integrated plate of the Heavy Grail.

After a few prototypes over the past weeks, it’s finally time to share this little project with the community. Please check out the website for all the details and come back here to comment.

I would like to express my deep appreciation to @bogus7000 and @Cipulot for their courage in ordering plates for the first version. Additionally, I would like to extend my gratitude to nekotato, @leemu, @JasonATXBS, @Dave, and @techbeezin for their valuable contributions and suggestions towards the website.

Last, but not least, to Ryan @norbauer and his contributions to the Topresphere.

Have fun!
Andreas

22 Likes

Amazing work Andreas and everyone else! S•O•C•U•R•U

5 Likes

@insolentpotato

3 Likes

i like the potential for more color matching. and with clear housings you could show off dome combos too

6 Likes

Looks like I could open beer bottles with that Plato. Handy.

This is happening !

1 Like

Anyone have plans to create with this? I’d love to hear what people are building.

2 Likes

I think a few people on the Conical Discord server are getting some made.

3 Likes

And @bogus7000 has reached out to his manu for different material types.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m really curious to know what the experiences will be. There is a ton of unexplored territory here. I’m actually less concerned about typing test sounds so much as I am the feel. I think I personally would opt for the steel variant to mimic the Realforce.

2 Likes

I have three on order via @bogus7000, and am very much looking forward to giving them a trial run. Thanks again, @Andreas!

2 Likes

This came out looking very nice! Just need to source some housings now.

7 Likes

Wow — that looks nice. Where did you get it manufactured?

Looks like you still need to tap it, right?

Yeah I used LaserBoost. They were very quick. My neighbor across the street has the capability to tap, but I’m going to try it as through holes first.

1 Like