Possible Panda alternatives

Has anyone tried Halo stems in Mod housings? I don’t have any Halos yet but the Zealio stems I tried felt considerably more tactile than in the original housing.

I haven’t tried that, but I could do. Will try when I’m home from work :slight_smile:

I just needed to update this thread in case anyone is thinking of using Greetech-made Razer green or Greetech blue housings with Panda stems:
After more experimentation, including populating a keyboard with Frankenswitches made from Greetech housings, I have to say that I would not recommend using the housing tops. I still think that the housing bottoms are worth a try because they do a good job of increasing tactility, but the tops are too tight-fitting for many common stems. Both Halo and Gateron stems, for example, will not fit loosely enough in these tops, and you will feel too much friction. Earlier I suggested a method of loosening up the top housing but after more testing, this method doesn’t always fix the tightness.

Retooled Cherry tops work fine with these bottoms as an alternative if you want the increased tactility of the bottom housing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!
Have you been able to try the brown bsuns?

I don’t have any sorry