Post Your Keyboards!

I’m the minority but I love the period accurate gray function keys. Mustard would work too.

2 Likes

I’m among the 11% as well. :smile:

1 Like

I love the gray, just not on those keys…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I know it would be totally wrong, but how about gray arrow keys?

RS60, silver WKL
GMK VoC
Lilac Tactile switches
TX stabilizers

Instagram link: Reece Conrad on Instagram: "Violet on Cream on Silver. RS60 keyboard by @bisoromi_ GMK violet on cream design by @hiney.cc Happy Friday!"

10 Likes

I think I’ve gone overboard with all these WoB extensions…

GMK WoB with Cherry Minicom alphas, CMYW, Shinethrough, UwU macro kit, Cherry printed relegendables, and the Glorious kit from GMK Yuri, for a total of 7 different keysets. If I reconfigure a bit I can squeeze some caps from R0+R5 on there too…:thinking:

13 Likes

Seems like this fun build would be right at home in the Mix and match keycap sets thread. :3

1 Like

I knew there was another thread this would be better in, just couldn’t remember last night :joy:

1 Like

Something about these colors just works for me. The PCB for the ladybird was a similar color to GMK Honey, so that’s where I got the idea. This one has TTC Matrix tactile switches.

Instagram link for more photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnaFXQnPbtu

Made a typing demo short

11 Likes

The color scheme is bold in a way that’d I’d be too much of a chicken to try. So I’m glad to see this to know what’s possible.

2 Likes

yip

5 Likes

Is that your collection? that’s crazy, in a good way of course.

1 Like

You mean my Instagram? If so, yes those are some of the boards in my collection. I still have several I haven’t ever photographed. I would post more photos but I get frustrated with the limitations of my camera (iPhone)

The collection is a bit crazy, I will admit. But it makes me happy. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Voc always look awesome on a silver board.

1 Like

The “too stoned” build is finished! I made several embarrassing mistakes with this thing but it all worked out, they mostly had to do with minor errors in my plate design (and that one time I tried putting the case together backwards :flushed:).

• BBox60 case
  • G’valcha GA15 CPB
  • POM plate
  • Linearized SKCM Black (bamboo)
  • Tai-Hao Cubic modifiers, doubleshot alphas from a Datacomp DFK-777

It sounds decent enough, though I think I would have preferred SKCL Green. My Greens were waaaay scratchy even after waxing though so that was a no-go :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: typing on this reminds me why I don’t usually use my other 60% - I can’t get down with the lack of arrow keys!

12 Likes

Did another HHKB, this time I decided to do something a little cleaner than usual:

20 Likes

Really love that pain job. Do you have any photos of your painting in process? It would be cool to see how to did it.

I don’t have any of this one, I have done reels of some other similar projects but not painting HHKB’s. This one was done with spray paint, but I usually do them with an airbrush.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how do you handle the slider holes? Do you tape them off?

Yeah there are a couple ways to do it, if you want the plate color to match, you have to tape off each individual slider housing (I have done it this way). Or you can mask off the entire plate and leave it the original color which is what I did here.

1 Like

Finished the Tata80 - loving with the Aflion Blue Sky Switches (but will need to buy a few more, ahem - see here)

Really pleased with the keycaps from XVX, too.

It’s quite soft and bouncy, but not unpleasantly so, and to me the full foam with Aflion Blue Sky sounds fabulous!

I have a few Gazzew Linear Thock in there that I’m not convinced by, and Gazzew Silent Linear Bobagum that I would love if I was after a silent keyboard :wink:

Edit: forgot the backside…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not keen on the light grey rubber feet, but not sure what would be better…

14 Likes