Post Your Keyboards!

Thanks. I was looking at Dolch sets, I really like the look of the set with the light teal (?) but apparently they don’t come with a 2U shift, which is necessary for my layout, which is strange. I don’t get it why some sets on KBDfans for instance, green / white comes with 2U shift but the Maxkey Dolch SA doesn’t. For some sets they specifically list all the included sizes which obviously is very handy but for others it’s more or less a guessing game. So still undecided.

I’d be looking at EU offerings on /r/mechmarket - so already pretty limiting to a certain extend.

That’s strange I don’t have a good eye either but It looks like both those sets are pretty similar. I’m not completely sure but maybe the shift key to the arrow Or bottom right is 2u? They look a little smaller than the one on the far right

1 Like

I was looking at that set but someone in another topic said that the numpad enter is 2U in height. So the shift shown below it on the right is a 1.75 since it’s smaller. The left shift included is 2.25 I believe.

@Laughmaster gave additional info in my build topic Starting slow, easing into the hobby or dive right in - #18 by Laughmaster

1 Like

Made something that is vaguely similar in colorway :joy:

6 Likes

And that’s cool, we are brothers of keycaps :grinning:

1 Like

A new build for an old friend.

PCB: YMD96 / “Melody96” 99 key version
Case: YMDKey 96% aluminum case
Switches: Kailh BOX Browns
Keys: KBDfans black dye-sub w/ EPBT CMYK accents
Stabs: GMK screw-ins with gold wires swapped-in
Mods: stabs lubed, clipped, and band-aid modded; dampening foam in the case

I’ve been wanting to build a 96% since I first got started in the hobby, so I was excited to work on this project. I see what the fuss about screw-in GMK stabs is all about now - and holy crap is this case heavy. No scooting from this thicc boi.

The mug is named Lenny and you can get him from an artist calling himself Dethskulpt.

9 Likes

This is my blackout Gergo

I just got these keycaps today but overall I am very satisfied with this build and look forward to using it as a quiet and super-portable board for cafes, in the office, when GF is sleeping, etc.

If there is interest I can make a short typing test and review of these caps as well.

12 Likes

Now that’s hardcore :slight_smile:

1 Like

HotDox with some cheap DSA Dolch while I decide on something sexier. For the case, I swapped the top acrylic to the bottom cause I love me some exposed switches. A friend took the CAD file for the case from Alpaca and came up with a 3D printed tenting solution that I’ll get posted to Thingaverse soon enough to share with everyone.

A mix of Hako Box Royal Clears, regular Box Clears, Trues and Violets to help my fingers feel the best as I type, going from that intense Royal bump to that butter smooth Violet bouncing off my pinkies.

11 Likes

Never thought of that to have switches with less resistance at the far ends for the pinkies.
Nice stack of schiit as well.

2 Likes

POM Wonderful

25 Likes

What case is that?

It’s a Sirius:

1 Like

Thanks, looks fuckin sexy

Thanks!

Space65

9 Likes

Looks awesome!! Mine is supposed to come tomorrow.

Jer Mini v1 in silver

9 Likes

My enigma black. Waiting on the back plate for this for the extra heft.

15 Likes

Finished project Corne after finding the perfect combo of switch parts. I call them Skyream switches. They consist of an Outemu Sky v2.2 housing, NK Cream stem, Sprit 45g spring, and Tribosis 3204 lube. Also got matching TRRS and USB cables today from John at ZAP cables.

12 Likes