Post Your Keyboards!

It makes me smell grape flavoring :stuck_out_tongue: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Nice. Made me wonder how a keyboard case with water-filled walls would sound.

20 Likes

very nice family shot. Where did you get the pink Enter keycap?

I think it would sound like danger! The “Waterbed” keyboard GB in 3, 2, 1…

Finally got my grail board after fomo missing the GB

7V E-White
Green Jacket switches
PBTFANS Pyga

The hype was real :drooling_face:

14 Likes

Love that red. So classy.

1 Like

Instagerm link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPHsfBMxcT

Finally put epbt 6085 on a board. This Zenith will definitely get refitted with Space Cadet in a few days, but I needed something with macro columns to show off the set. Who doesn’t like a bottom row that says CONTROL SUPER KEYBOARD? I’m using Raed switches in it. I’m still on the fence. I was appalled by the cheap plastic sound when I first used them, but it’s growing on me. I can’t decide if I want to lube them or not. I wish there was a way to have long pole stems that didn’t wobble at all.

The quality of this epbt set is really good. I’m impressed. I hope my scandi set comes out this good after they remake the few keycaps that were messed up.

9 Likes

Pyga looks awesome. Especially on this board. Nice

2 Likes

Built using spare parts from my own inventory and @insolentpotato and @techbeezin generous donations. beez’s removable cable mod is much nicer than the one I used for my R2, would recommend.

17 Likes

Gateron’s Box stem is kind of that :person_shrugging:

Ayyyyyy :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:
Looks great!

1 Like

The only gateron box or “walled” stem switches I own are gateron yellow ink and kangaroo. Both have quite a bit of wobble, unfortunately.

I should try the CJ though. I’ve heard that it’s a good switch.

I thought you were applying that it was the long pole that made them wobble

I’ve found helpful for my own purposes breaking wobble down further into three aspects:

• Resting position wobble

• Travel stability

• Bottom position wobble / aka teeter

Gateron’s box stems are better about the last one than the typical long-pole, but don’t really stand out in the other two, for example.

2 Likes

I see.
Me personally have not experienced/noticed any wobble with my Ink Yellows or Box Ink Pink during use so I guess ignorance is bliss. :smirk:

Do you think that the 2-stage springs I use might help prevent the most obvious wobble? :thinking:

I can’t say myself, but also wouldn’t rule it out.

It’s easy for me to imagine that more preload in a spring might make for a more stable supporting force compared to one barely under any compression. I’d love to find a way to measure this, both with and independent of stems.

1 Like

If your looking for some new keycaps in the future for your budget96 I saw some nice caps over on drop but there pretty pricey mine is there there Noctua keycap set.

finally, i got it, haha

21 Likes

Wow, what a chonker!