Post Your Keyboards!

That copper plate looks great. I should get one for my build.

1 Like

I went to the Seattle Mechanical Keyboard meet-up this weekend and was lucky enough to win GMK Moomin in the raffle.

I am pretty excited and thankful to win as this was a set I was interested in, but didn’t really see myself buying. Funny enough, my memory was going off the original IC page, imagine my surprise when I opened it up to find that it appears that this set had some pretty big color matching issues.

All and all, I still like the set. I think it is pretty heavily dependent on lighting though, and I might be stuck to only having it on e-white or white-ish boards. Maybe silver and polycarbonate would look good too.

7 Likes

Sweep with Doys keycaps, looks great but the feeling is not the best for much typing.

B0776FCD-8665-494E-95BE-CB0DDFA8C14A-2429-000000BC2558EAF2

15 Likes

does look very cool tho

1 Like

It really does, and it was a shame to change them. If they were more like a dish, that would be way better.

1 Like

Finally did my first build. Discipline 65, Lubed Gat ink blacks, and some Zeal PC stabs. Super happy with how it turned out, just wish I built it sooner. I already want to build another one :weary:

19 Likes

Greetings and welcome! Great work on the keeb.

Heck of a first project - I’d say you’re ready for anything the hobby could throw at you.

4 Likes

That’s an insane first haha. Looks great

3 Likes

Hahaha what’s insane is the hand cramp I got from lubing switches for it :rofl: Thank you so much

3 Likes

This is one I have been anticipating for quite some time!!

All glass, o-ring mount, and 65%… :drooling_face:

Helheim Designs Freja65

Specs
  • Clear glass case
  • Solder PCB
  • 30A durometer o-ring
  • PC plate
  • Cherry stabilizers (GS3 on wires and GS2 on housings)
  • Gateron New North Pole 2.0 switches
  • Outva Cthulhu keycaps
  • Zouabi Freja artisan

Also, full transparency (LOL), the build went great until I realized I had accidentally left the protective sheet on the PC plate after I had finished soldering on all of the switches… :person_facepalming:

Guess who got more de-soldering practice?
That Hakko gun just jumped to the top of my wish list… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Should have just left it on. Then, you could have made a YouTube video raving about your new unpeeled PC mod.

6 Likes

Man, that’s slick like wet ice. I like everything about it.

1 Like

Current count of switches I have recently installed in board without messing with the factory lube: 3

The percentage of those switches coming from Gateron: 66.666666%

:thinking:

They have really stepped up their game. If they can tighten up their stem wobble some more, they’d be golden :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Probably my favorite build of my Kei so far!

Monokei Kei
JC Studio Tulip
SP-Star Meteor Gray
Alu half plate

15 Likes

Half-plate enjoyers UNITE!!! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Finally took the time to finish and get pictures of my Hope 75X build! I used lubed and filmed dk ONI linears, GMK Deepwell, and tuned Durock V2s. I have the standard version, so the weight is aluminum instead of brass (bummer, I really love brass), but the board still has plenty of heft.

It is an overall good keyboard, but I encountered some issues/inconveniences during assembly that should simply not be present, let alone with a $360 price tag. The ONIs sound and feel great and I’ve really dialed in my tuning process for Durock V2 stabs, so spending double on TX or Staebies just isn’t worth it for me.

(Shameless plug) I have a post on keebs.gg with more pictures :smiley:

7 Likes

@qword Nice! What are those SA keycaps?

New build! Ice-blue Ellipse with DCX Hyperfuse and TTC Aces

13 Likes

This- they exploit the crap out of newcomers, either making them pay $400 for one of their snazzy prebuilts you can build for yourself for 250, or scare them away. they also over-market stuff way too much, these days almost everything they sell comes in a gmk laser color way.

Just finished with a new Bakeneko. Gateron ink blacks lubed with krytox 205g0 and NicePBT Shinbun. The O-ring mount was hell to get on while also trying to keep the plate in place but it was a learning experience.

10 Likes