Post Your Keyboards!

Fingerprints add character, right?

Ready for action.

19 Likes

You can prevent fingerprints on stainless steel with a little baby oil. I got this tip from a professional exhibition stand builder.

7 Likes

Could use some rusted scratches to complete the look.

2 Likes

I’ve long wanted to get a D-stock version of one of these, beat the ever loving crap out of it, force a patina, and seal it in to make a Fallout-esqe keyboard. Maybe one day.

4 Likes

Keyboards, keyboards never change…

2 Likes

Decided to put Key Kobo’s Darling on the Bauer Lite FE and to nd out the theme with some KTT Darling switches.

Really impressed with how it all turned out and came together.

A solid Zero Two out of 10!!! :wink:

5 Likes

New addition

12 Likes

those are some cool novelties! Whole thing is top notch

1 Like

The first one is from THOK (but I honestly wouldn’t advise buying anything from them as almost everything I have ordered has been a nightmare to get shipping info out of them :rage:)

The other is from Alee Keycaps.

That is gorgeous.

1 Like

Finally tried out DSA Petrikeys on a newly built TSP40 and I have to say once again SP does not disappoint! They are amazing.

8 Likes

JTK Emerald on my DR70-F. This isn’t the right set yet, but it’s closer. I’m almost thinking I want to see DSA on here. DSA Witch Girl is about to have extras available :thinking:

But I haven’t typed on my JTK sets in a while so giving these a spin.

Also removed the blocker for maximum led show :partying_face:

DSA wins it for me. I was planning for another dozen or more double shot DSA sets in my lifetime :smiling_face_with_tear:

11 Likes

Finished up my DR70-F. Went with Gateron Smoothies & TX rev.3 stabs. Built it PCB gasket mount with the PC plates. I tried to go foamless, but ended up on switch sheet + case foam. It just sound a little too hollow without case foam even with long pole switches. Overall I am very happy with the board though! Sure there is a few compromises like the ultra basic ribbon cables & needing foam, but at the price I consider those negligible. With the setup I am running & PBT caps it has a very deep, punchy sound. Definitely no slouch IMHO! Also gotta say I’m pretty impressed with the Gat Smoothies too! This honestly is the first fully stock switch I think I’d be OK with soldering into a board stock.

9 Likes

Crossed a keyboard goal off of my list. I commissioned BenzJr to hand engrave my brass weights on my F2-84. :face_holding_back_tears:

I know that this board isn’t much of a looker, but I’ll be damned if it’s not one of the classiest (and heaviest) board in my collection.

Now I just have to get a mirror to put behind it so I can see it while I type :heart_eyes:

27 Likes

That is damn sexy.

1 Like

Oh man, Benz Jr is on another level everytime I see his work.

2 Likes

WOW, that looks great! I think it works perfectly with the understated look the F2-84, gives it some much needed flair!

2 Likes

If that keyboard were in a videogame, it would have orange identifying text.

4 Likes

Yes, it definitely needs a proper name, lore, and stats

+10 Dexterity
+30 Strength
+15 WPM
+25% Mana Regeneration Rate
-$1000 Bank Account
5 Likes

Gunna have to add more Strength to those stats, because this thing is quite the chonker !
:muscle::sweat_smile:

2 Likes