Post Your Keyboards!

Nice keyset :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the old school Dell Bigfoots that have SKCM salmons in them have caps that are comparable to SGI caps. Although those are just about as rare as the SGI boards AFAIK. The caps for newer Bigfoots are very thin lasered etched PBT. They’ll work in a pinch to get an ALPS board up & running but nothing you’d want on a custom build, LOL!

why is that pillow half naked!?

14 Likes

Are those covers on your F-row a part of the caps or separate?

They are from an old G80-8200 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dark Side of the Moon and Cherry Killer

13 Likes

This came out well.

1 Like

Prime_E with DSA Miami Dolch

14 Likes

Took me a couple seconds to decide if that’s a render or not ^^

1 Like

My wife asked me the same thing. She didn’t even recognize what I used for the background :joy:

1 Like

And what did you use ? Nice rendering btw :laughing:

1 Like

Except in teal blue

2 Likes

Wow! That red board is absolutely gorgeous! Never even thought of that combo but man, that looks sooo good!

An oldie, but goodie… The venerable RedscarfII+ ver.C dressed up in GMK Sky Dolch. (sorry about the potato pics)

Do you even R5 bro? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

‘Budget’ alps tkl I just built last night!

Aliexpress filco aluminum case
Phantom aluminum plate
LFKeyboards pcb
SKCM Salmons
KP Republic XDA alps blanks

Pretty happy with it so far! Though I think I need a heavier spring in the stabilized switches. The tactility is pretty reduced on those keys, I think cause of the cherry style stabs I had to use.

8 Likes

Looks great. :+1: for salmons

1 Like

ePBT BoW alphas with Slate mods. On a Lubrigante with 67g Zealios V2 lubed with 3204. I kinda like the RGB too.

9 Likes

We’ve got the same case :smile:

1 Like

My custom keyboard is still under construction. I received all parts during the week and soldered the switches yesterday. Still undecided about the keycap set. I’m divided between GMK Phosphorous, which matches more or less the USB-C cable I have, or GMK Ursa.

I’m also looking for a cheap set I can buy right now because Phosphorous and Ursa aren’t available until March 2020 I believe. So that’s a long time to wait before I can use this keyboard.

Parts

• KBDfans 60% Tofu aluminium case (grey)
  • KBDfans 60% PCB rev3
  • KBDfans brass plate (model A - for directional arrows on 60%)
  • ZealPC Tealios V2 switches
  • ZealPC transparent, gold-plated screw-in stabilizers

Switches and stabilizers are lubed with Krytox 205g0.

Since this was my first build, I also decided to make a comparison between my current Cooler Master Quickfire TK Cherry MX blue keyboard and the lubed Tealios.

10 Likes