Post Your Keyboards!

Thanks! Yes I was very surprised to see how closely the colors ended up matching.

You have the inverse of my board!

Signed up to have my Polaris built through Taeha’s build service and I got it back in the mail this weekend.

WKL space gray Polaris:

• MX Zilents spring-swapped with TX 60g springs, lubed with 205g0
  • polycarbonate half plate (the main reason why I sent this board to someone else to build)
  • C3 stabilizers
  • SA Vilebloom (although I have a feeling this board will see quite a few different keysets)

Notes:

• This thing is both extremely quiet and extremely soft. I’m used to typing on integrated plates and 5mm acrylic so this is quite a different experience for me.
  • The kit includes both plate and case foam, which are both installed at this time. Despite both layers of foam being present, this is still a really bouncy typing experience.
  • I also ordered a PC full plate and an extra PCB, so I’ll be building that one myself at some point this week and I can try to film a halfway decent typing test with both configurations.
6 Likes

I have finally finished building my split keyboard.
My PCB order got delayed for a while because of the pandemic.

• PCB: self-design, ATMega32u4 with QMK, USB-C connnector
  • Acrylic sandwich case
  • Gateron blue switches
  • backlight and rgb underglow

I plan to get some uniform profile keycaps (XDA) for this board.

6 Likes

IBM Model F 122

11 Likes

Really nice!
What case is it anyway?

2 Likes

It’s Tofu 60% from kbdfans

Is that the cyan version?

Nope, it’s custom paint color. Cerakoted with Robin’s Egg Blue.

1 Like

I finally rebuilt my C225 with tealios and better stabs and foam and 8008. I’ve got crap lighting in here but this looks and feels seriously awesome now.

13 Likes

The modifier legends seem to fit well with the case color, but the alphas are darker than I’d expected it for 8008. But maybe that’s just the lighting. Looks at least quite different on the two pictures… On the bottom one, the alphas have quite a blue cast.

Couldn’t find much in info on the Camp C225 with a quick search on the net. Seems to be a few years old and with a brass weight on the bottom. Any details on it?

I would say the top shot is more accurate. I’m going to try to get some better pics (maybe outside) tomorrow, I just really don’t have anywhere with great lighting in my house (probably doesn’t help my camera is an iphone). The pink on the legends is actually quite a bit darker than the case, but I think it’s close enough that it works. I’ve seen a lot of pics where the alphas look a lil bit blue but I don’t really think they do as much in real life.

It’s an older board for sure, it was one of the first keyboard group buys I joined, I figured when I landed my first job out of college I would get something to ball out with in the office. TBH I didn’t know what I was doing that much back then and didn’t treat it that well, it’s got a few dings and nicks, but it’s been well loved. The quality was good but not great, you can see anodizing imperfections where it says C225 above the arrows, but it’s got a big brass weight that gives it nice heft. I have a lot of thoughts on this board and pics in the vault, I also took plenty of pics when rebuilding and I’m def gonna write up a (re)build log for it soon

1 Like

KBD67II with Zilent 67g switches
DSA Ferrous from Signature Plastics
Cable from coolcables.co.uk

14 Likes

Great pairing.

1 Like

DSA Ferrous is a stunner. Great looking board!

1 Like

Thank you. First build I’ve done. Now completely addicted :open_mouth:

1 Like

built-up my military-themed kbd, used my zealiostotles that I desoldered from my LZ-iron, still love these switches stock:

10 Likes

You really wanted a theme, and you really stuck to it! o7

I think this is the most appealing way I have ever seen that set displayed!

What finish is that board done in?

2 Likes

Oh yess, I got this board with this very intention, and i have a sneaking suspicion that PBT Græn it going to fit in perfectly!

It was ano offered by original gb runners so no cerakote / aftermarket ano here! I only regret not going brass weight, though the military green is rather nice.

heres to hoping we can bring gmk commando to fruition :slight_smile:

Filco Camo, eat your heart out.

1 Like