Post your Topre boards

How are you enjoying the new realforce?

NIZ 2019 EC Switches finally came in the other day so I replaced all my 1U Novatouch switches to test. They’re actually great after a little padding to keep them from moving (they’re 0.2" shorter on one side than the NT sliders), come with silencing rings preinstalled and have longer stems than the NT sliders even with silencing ring installed. I can take some photos and put a new post together if people are curious.

Please ignore my double Return… On another note, anyone have a 1.75 right DEV/TTY shift I can purchase off them…

7 Likes

Great ! How is the key wobble?

I took the two artisans in the photo off and tested it just now (the Insert key location has a LED so I’m using the original stock housing with a NT slider there) The wobble doesn’t feel any different between the two honestly.

That’s great, they sound like a great alternative for novatouch sliders

1 Like

Thanks for your write-up Nebulant, I’ll redirect to your post if anyone asks!

Here’s my addition. I’m not noticing the same alignment issues on my board but at the same time, I noticed you’re using the stock housings. I don’t seem to have a noticeable wobble or alignment issues when using the NIZ housing and stem combo. I stuck two pieces of electrical tape to both sides of the housings before mounting them to lock them in place, so now there’s no horizontal play at all.

7 Likes

Within the post I talk about using the niz housings and sliders as a pair with an updated picture of the number pad showing proper alignment. Together they work pretty well.

Ah yes sorry, I didn’t go through the full Imgur album before. Credit where credit is due, thank you for your research :slight_smile:

For spacebar you can use 6u costar stabs. Works great, here were used 2 stabs to hold the wire better in position : https://imgur.com/a/jJKw1Qy

that is a pretty clever solution

My hhkb pro 2. Lubed with 204g0. Silenced with des #3 rings. Novatouched, including left shift, enter and spacebar. Sometimes I would try different keysets on it.

8 years passed by and it’s getting yellow a bit. Appreciated for its companionship so long.

6 Likes

So it sounds like these are a neat way to throw some MX caps on a topre board. Are there any mods needed other than the NIz product? You using the stock topre domes with them?

I’m not using the stock domes because I only had 45s and wanted something a bit heavier so I’m using BKE Heavies from Keyclack right now. But stock domes work just fine with the NIZ housing + Slider combo.

thanks! I want to try those BKE domes out as well. I have a variable weight 87U that I might try them out on.

ABKO K935P 45G - For $130 I was really surprised by this thing. I didn’t realize it came pre-silenced and now I want to add silencing rings to my FC980C and FC660C.

1 Like

Hangul fc660c in a heavy 6 aperture. Lubed stabilizers.

12 Likes

13 Likes

Realforce R2 TKL 55g silent, to enter my Norbaforce MKii VHS on arrival.

Imported from Japan to UK courtesy of the very proficient and highly recommended Zen Market [Http://www.zenmarket.jp] (no link to them, just saw their services recommended somewhere in this forum)

#thocklife

3 Likes

Thats a stunner

1 Like