Post your Topre boards

Honestly, can’t expect people to include keys like that in base kits if they serve a very small part of the community.

1 Like

Yep,

a lot has changed during the last years, but i like it a lot to MacGyver every other day.
Problems do exist to get solved and not to give up.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you’re talking about but I keep finding Novatouches for $50 or so =))) bought 2 within the last year at that price :pppppppppppp
tbf I’m in Vietnam and not many people use Topre, let alone mod it.

looks like you need to scoop up a handful and reap the rewards on r/mechmarket

I’ll take one, please :kissing_heart:

haha not yet my friend, maybe when I found 5 of them. right now I have 1 in the Norbaforce and 1 in the Norbatouch :wink:

Here is my MX-swapped FC660c 45g low noise I recently posted in this other keebtalk thread.

It makes me want to type more.

Bonus pic

I spotted these mudflaps on a delivery truck here in Japan. I wonder what they would think if they knew about this thread.

9 Likes

My newest bits of Topre

10 Likes

What is this and where can I throw my wallet at it?

Just in case you havn’t found out yet.
http://xahlee.info/kbd/uTRON_keyboard.html

3 Likes

Continuing my Norbauer Heavy-6 project finally.

0G1A9514-Edit.thumb.jpg.16b133c1227861427d77c451ffe931bc.jpg

0G1A9517-Edit.thumb.jpg.7dee8dfc62a88191a76d7e3e19f21401.jpg

0G1A9515-Edit.thumb.jpg.8c308c7cb108c37208b9fb0773eccea1.jpg

0G1A8903-Edit.thumb.jpg.7d84148a616b1ef6cad9634be9bae5cd.jpg

0G1A9518.thumb.jpg.70127db7fa383a42aaac726182d514ea.jpg

5 Likes

Almost done with this thing!

7 Likes

What’s left?

Spacebar. I have a few options coming in, but both take forever to ship.

How did you do the stabilized keys? Did you drill the slider housings or remove the extra legs on the keycaps? What did you end up doing for the spacebar?

I drilled out the housings. I didn’t want to damage the keycaps since I changes those around more often.
As far as the spacebar, I just flipped the stock spacebar so that it meets my thumbs. I am looking for a proper SA space in the meantime though. I ordered the shapeways 3D printed one. It has bad reviews, but my friend who works with resin is willing to look at it and come up with something in his spare time. Also ordered an MX SA spacebar. Tracking down a costar 6U stab for it if it matches this key set.

ah OK good luck on the rest of the process. Looks great so far.

1 Like

let’s learn the alphabet! R-G-B!!!

11 Likes

That polycarb norbaforce case is the bees knees! She’s a beaut!

2 Likes

Does this count?

3 Likes

Is Realforce discontinuing the 87U?