Post your Topre boards

Hyperfused NorbaForce Mark I:

8 Likes

i’m intrigued–ive not seen an HHKB keyboard with arrow keys! neat.

@keshley am a fan of the hyperfuse accent keys :smiley:

1 Like

Realforce RGB TKL in Norbaforce Mark II GOCF Edition with MT3 Susuwatari

16 Likes

How do you like MT3 on Topre? I’m thinking of getting some sliders to put dev/tty Elven on my FC660C.

I did not know there was an HHKB with arrow keys! This changes things for me considerably.

2 Likes

You might need to order it directly from Japan, thank God for the proxy shipping services. :wink:

My first Topre keyboard came today - Topre Type Heaven. Interesting key feel for sure.

8 Likes

But is it… heavenly?

1 Like

I didn’t really know what to expect from a Topre switch, but certainly not this lol
As someone who likes cliff drop tactile switches, the rounded feel of Topre is very different. I’ll guess I have to use it for a few more weeks to know if this really is as heavenly as people say they are.

3 Likes

Took me a few days, but feeling of oneness with cup rubber will assimilate into you eventually.

4 Likes

Give it time. I HATED Topre when I first used it. Picked it up a second time and used it longer, then was completely offended by anything else I touched after it lol.

6 Likes

Topre definitely takes time to love methinks

5 Likes

You how sometimes the ambient temperature is perfect and the thoughts “It’s warm” or “It’s a bit chilly” don’t register. It’s just that Goldilocks feel that blends into the background; you know it’s there, but you’re not distracted by or it thinking about it.

That’s what typing on Topre feels like to me.

1 Like

It is funny to see not to be alone in having a time to adapt to Topre feel, took me a few days :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. Was immediately disappointed on first impressions, then I started to love it more and more. Took a few days to really fall in love.

Loaned my Realforce to my friend who had no topre experience, and he shared the exact same experience. Super “meh” at first, then you appreciate it more and more. You can go ahead and grab a membrane/rubber dome board to compare - there’s so much more subtle refinement in topre that even mechanical just can’t bring to the table.

1 Like

MT3 on topre is awesome, and depending on your domes the sound varies from quiet thock to loud thockkk

2 Likes

I also may have a weakness for Topre:

I have 3 of them currently: Norbatouch, highly modified FC660C, Realforce R2 PFU Limited. You see them all in the last image, together with a TX1800 V1 with Nixies

Edit:

A bit more details

The @norbauer Norbatouch started as a normal ANSI Norbatouch which I traded for an ISO one (the first Topre board I had). It is silenced with Hypersphere’s silencing rings which I got from a GB that he organized a few years ago on Deskthority. I also added an amber LED under the Caps Lock key (there are holes for it on the PCB) the light from which you can see a bit on the last image. I also lubed the stabilizers with Krytox GPL205. I bought The Norbatouch case from @AdrianMan long after the GBs for it ended

The FC660C started as a normal white/beige one which I got it about 4.5 years ago from Japan (I begged a friend who was on holiday there to act as a proxy/trafficker for me). I added Hypersphere silencing rings, changed the controller to a @hasu programable one which I got from a GB he organized on GH, changed the case and caps to black ones (again thanks to @AdrianMan - we live in the same city), lubed the sliders and stabilizers with GPL205, added topre red ESC and arrows and a Control key from a HHKB add-on caps set. I also added dense foam inside the case to absorb more sound.
Now it is the most silent keyboard I have. I can hardly hear it when I type on it

The Realforce R2 PFU Limited is unmodified… yet. I will lube it in the near future and maybe change the case.

15 Likes

Nice collection.
Which one is your favorite?

Thanks for the info! I am rocking stock 45g domes for now but may order a BKE sampler. Anyone know if Jchan is shipping stuff?

1 Like

I ordered a BKE sampler a few weeks ago and it shipped out in about two days!

1 Like