Premium Linear Switches

Since I am still new to this whole scene, I went and did some research to try and find high-end linear switches. So far, I am thinking of Gateron Silent Ink Blacks and Bobagums. Are there any others I should take a look at?

Edit - Currently using a GMMK Pro.

3 Likes

H1s and Tangerines are also in the top tier right now. Last year JWK Alpacas were the hot linear.

I like the Durock L-series because the factory lube is pretty generous and I am lazy about lubing switches.

3 Likes

I’ve been super impressed by the Durock POMs (Piano and Cobalt), Snow Whites (H1 clone), SP Star Grays, and those Porcelain Blues. The Cobalt’s have some of the tightest and most consistent stem tolerances I’ve ever experienced first hand. Top-shelf for sure.

2 Likes

Can attest that the cobalt poms are real nice, pretty darn top tier for sure. Other nice linears that I have tried and can say with confidence that are nice are the gat inks, c3 tangies, c3 banana splits, sp star greys and alpacas in no particular order. You can check out theremingoats github for his tier list of what he thinks are good switches. However, only if you already happen to have gateron switches or cherry switches on hand, you could try making some garry switches (cherry top on gateron bottom housing and stem). They are pretty darn low wobble and sound hella nice as well. They are basically a smoother less wobbly stock cherry switch imo.

1 Like

I still like tealios

4 Likes

creams with uwu stems. best linear switch.

fight me. :smiley:

1 Like

tumblr_mqusb0r1FO1s7fii0o1_400

1 Like

If @ThereminGoat made a switch, he should name it The Goat :joy:

package size: 1

1 Like

JWK Black and white Pom and snow whites are my choice of linears.

2 Likes

Once lubed and key-capped (and filmed), it’s difficult for me to discern meaningful differences in feel during normal use (as in, I’m not A/B testing or something) among the following: Alpacas, Snow Whites, MX Blacks, Aqua Kings, Gat Ink V2s, and Tealios.

Differences in spring weight (which is a somewhat switch independent factor) and sound tend to be more palpable, I suppose.

2 Likes

The batch of Snow Whites I have don’t even need films. Same for the Black POM with white stems. I must even confess that I didn’t use lube on my Snow Whites. Not having to film switches is a bonus for me. My alpacas definitely needed films and they have a slight catch (something going on with the leaf i think) on slow, deliberate presses. Aqua Kings sometimes are too tight and bind. So you have to cherry pick them. But they are all very similar.

2 Likes

This is a great time to be looking for good linears, because there are tons of them.

I love my Inks - hard to go wrong there, though they are on the pricey side. Bobagums are basically the most quiet, but are soft like boba and gum.

My personal favorite linear at the moment is the Tecsee Diamond, though I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone heavy-handed, especially with gaming. The stems are soft and can deform - but as long as you can avoid mashing them they sound and feel great.

Also a big fan of Momoka Frogs; nice and smooth with a long spring like the Diamonds have. Only 3-pin, though.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I would be amenable to a definition of “premium” that’s not based on price per se, but on a sliding scale of how little work it needs to get to peak performance (re: linears, of course).

2 Likes

For me, ink switches are still among the best of the rest

5 Likes

Ink tops/sliders with Cherry black bottoms (insert spring of choice) makes a great sounding smooth linear switch.

1 Like

After going through everyone’s likes and recommendations…I have settled on Silent Alpacas. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Quietest linear I’ve come across! Enjoy.