Recommended 60% PCB?

Looking for recommendations for a PCB for the Modern M0110 case. I am looking for one that supports the ISO enter key. Any recommendations/info is greatly appreciated!

Cheers :beers:

Edit: I found the DZ60 Rev3 on KBD but in the layout illustration, it didn’t show a HHKB layout.

1 Like

When you say HHKB layout, I’m assuming the regular MX style (1u, 1.5u, 7u, 1.5u, 1u). Am right there? If so the DZ60 will support that as it supports Tsagan bottom row (1.5u, 1u, 1.5u, 7u, 1.5u, 1u, 1.5u). Although honestly I would highly recommend a Wilba WT60-D Weirdflex over that even with the higher cost. It is just a better PCB overall & much easier to work with if you don’t need all the crazy switch placements on the bottom row.

3 Likes

That is correct, as this will be going the Glorious Panda route. Thank you for the NK PCB recommendation. What makes this PCB better than the DZ60? How fast is NK shipping nowadays?

1 Like

WT60-D has ESD protection, I’m fairly sure the DZ60 does not, WT60-D is VIA compatible out of the box (not that flashing a DZ60 to VIA is a big deal though), no unneeded RGB backlights with WT60-D (I guess that could go either way depending on your preferences). The biggest one to me if I was in your situation though is ease of building. The DZ60 is absolute swiss cheese on the bottom two rows making switch placement & alignment a nightmare. With the WT60-D all of that is much easier & straight forward. Plus with shipping the DZ probably won’t end up too much cheaper. NK’s shipping is still as good as it ever was. Order a WT60-D myself a few days ago & it was shipped out the next day actually.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I will have to consider it. I was looking at the DZ60, case foam, and modular plate foam and it was about the same price as the NK PCB by itself. Normally I’m very hesitant to order from China but last time I ordered from KBD, I had the item delivered 3 days after ordering! That’s insane fast, especially from China.
That is a good point on those two bottom rows though, it is a bit of a pain to get the desired layout with all those holes LOL

1 Like

Hmm, yeah if all that is close to just the price of the WT60 it might be worth it to go with the DZ just to not have to order from multiple places. I mean the DZ60 are definitely tried & true at this point so it’s not like you’re sacrificing anything huge beyond ESD protection with it.

2 Likes

True, good call. Again, appreciate the recommendation!! I had no idea NK was selling PCB’s separate.

2 Likes