Representing IBM at a meetup

Yesterday, I attended a fairly impromptu keyboard meetup in Exeter, UK to represent IBM. I didn’t want to take a suitcase with me for all the train commuting I had to do within a day, so I took what I could fit into a particularly large backpack. This meant no Model B(eam spring) keyboards, but I managed to fit two very cool buckling spring keyboards and a bunch of buckling sleeve keyboards (I opted to give them priority since they’re far less well-known and experienced). Blahaj attended so the table was of course on brand.

The keyboards:

Overall, it was a very good day with cool people and I got a very positive reception to these keyboards! Shout out to Mechanical Keyboards UK patrons Alvi and Shaoty for organising this!

11 Likes

I’ve since made a smol write-up with extra photos from the event on my website: May 2024 Exeter, UK Mini Meet

3 Likes

So, @SharktasticA , what is the current state of the art with regard to rehab guides? I just got a used Symbolwriter terminal keyboard (RJ-45 connector), and I’m wondering what the best resources are to test it out and get it tidied up. I would say I have the means to DIY a converter and do stuff like a bolt mod if necessary.