Ridiculous Sound Mods

Okay hear me out now. Ridiculous Sound Mods for your keyboards.

Imagine making this cutout and mounting your keyboard. All about that bass

Edit: No bottom on the keyboard case to let the sound fill the sub box

Any other wacky and wild ideas?

5 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

A plate made from a banjo drum, pcb just hangs out in the back all open like. Twang instead of thocc.

4 Likes

We got to include this guy! - - YouTube

2 Likes

I’d like to hear a keyboard in an “Anechoic” room aka quietest room aka negative DB room

2 Likes

Mechanical keyboard with futuristic looking air pressure plates on the sides could be cool.

Oh! A keyboard activating air pipes would be interest…
I’m describing an organ aren’t I? :joy:

2 Likes

I have a harebrained idea to use piezo elements on the underside of a PCB or inside a case to generate a signal to feed into some sort of audio circuit or analog synthesizer. The dream is a keyboard that “plays” some kind of generative soundscape as you type on it.

Absolutely no clue about the feasibility. The farthest I’ve gotten is amplifying a K70 with a piezo array and running the signal through a couple effects pedals. That sounds you can get are pretty funny but using a distortion pedal to make it sound like you’re typing with a machine gun gets old kinda quick lol I plan to start working on the project again when my Saturn60 ships, it looks like it has a bunch of room inside the case so I’m hoping I can get it wired up.

4 Likes

Someone just needs to merge an hhkb and an op-1…

2 Likes