SA Tatooine announced by NovelKeys (Star Wars themed SA keycaps)

I’ve haven’t been paying too much attention to group buys recently since I’m close to saturation when it comes to keyboards (hard to believe I know). But this combines two of my major interests very well, and even includes several Jabba the Hutt-related keycaps. So naturally I had to put in an order. I plan to design and 3D print some kind of themed keyboard for these.

I do appreciate that they are being made by Signature Plastics, but the price is pretty high at $250. Preorders will be open until April 26th.

https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/frontpage/products/sa-tatooine-preorder

6 Likes

Another Star Wars set that is… not very Star Warsy. Hrm.

6 Likes

I feel like this is a vaporwave-y sunset with nods to Star Wars

4 Likes

I know the gradient is reversed but this just looks like the same tai-hao sunset that has been around forever with some novelties tbh. I don’t usually like gradients but I actually do kinda dig this, just kinda though, definitely not enough to actually get it…

5 Likes

I like some aspects of this! Novelties look fun. I am not sure I think of purples when I think of Tatooine…

I think @dwarflemur hit the nail on the head, a Tatooine set would just be a reversed sunset. Browns would be better on the bottom than purples…

2 Likes

Hmm, after some google imaging, it comes down to one of two pictures. I just don’t remember which was the actual movie color grade or a fan color grade

Purples here, but no heavy oranges/yellows

Oranges/yellows, not much as much of the purples

2 Likes

I like the gradient although I agree that it may not exactly be an iconic Star Wars look. Still this set appeals to me more than the others they’ve made so far. I really like the novelties, although can we talk about how “© LFL” apparently appears on the side of the one they’re using for the escape key?

2 Likes

Thats a yikes from me

3 Likes

Saw the email for it and was super excited until I saw it. Not a good looking set IMO. Great manufacturer and awesome profile but that color scheme is :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

4 Likes

All of the Novelkeys Star Wars sets have been… Meh… Even for a fan like me. I’ve passed on them all and will pass on this one too.

7 Likes

I definitely feel that if someone made a star wars set with a ‘less is more’ approach it would be most popular set of the year.
Imagine a simple set that has empire and rebels variants oh baby.

5 Likes

Like a Hoth or a Vader set? :thinking:

4 Likes

Now we’re talking! MT3 Hoth. GMK Vader.

It would be amazing, until they over-did it. Wait are we talking about keyboards or movies? Lol

4 Likes

Captain Phasma and instabuy for me.

4 Likes

I’d be in for a mossy green GMK Dagobah set.

7 Likes

Bespin has some of my favorite color palettes in the entire trilogy

4 Likes

I’ll buy it and just call it SA Tycho.

3 Likes