Saturday Vibes with my HHKB

Trying to improve my keyboard photography game. Got me some blanks still getting used to them. :grin:

3 Likes

HHKBs somehow always look good. Digging the spacebar color and cable.

1 Like

This guy loves his HHKB:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Where did you order those blanks (and that cool cable)?

1 Like

Aren’t those just the stock blank HHKB keycaps?

1 Like

The blanks are the stock ones that come with type s. The cable I got from Winnja.

Yup!

Do these blank keycaps look as good as yours (from amazon.ca)? If so, I might order them.

1 Like

Those are the exact keycaps.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll buy them.

1 Like

No problemo!

1 Like

Yeah those are it but to be honest you may get them a lot cheaper on mechmarket. I got mine off of an even trade but I’ve seen them go for 25-35 USD.

Thanks very much for that $$ saving tip. I’ve been spending way too much on keyboards because I’m a newbie just starting out, so I’m trying to build a small collection to play around with. I just received 2 keyboards last week, a HHKB S and a RealForce 87U. Both have white printed keycaps, but I find that I need blank keycaps to really get used to a board and all the shortcut keys I use to develop Android apps.

2 Likes

This hobby can get pretty expensive very quick. However I find that doing some research and seeing as many comments on a particular item will make you feel good about your purchase. I’ve bought a Keycool KC64 on a whim and regretted the purchase as I started finding out all the issues with the firmware after the fact. My advice is to stalk mechmarket for a couple days I’m sure you’ll find something.

Is the quick connector just for convenience or for looks? In my case, I’m connecting to a laptop so I’m not sure that the quick connector would really be any more convenient than just plugging/unplugging usb cables with no connector.

In all honesty it’s just for aesthetic

1 Like

I’m a bells and whistles person, so I get it. And, it looks a lot cooler than a plain cable, so I will likely get mine that way too.

1 Like

It’s 99% aesthetics for me, 1% function on the off chance I get a second keyboard with USB Type-C and another set of matching keycaps :stuck_out_tongue: but SA Godspeed is starting to become as rare as hen’s teeth :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like