Keycoat is a powder coating service that is focused on bringing your keyboards to life with premium finishes while accounting for the design and tolerances. Working very close with the shop, we have tuned the application of powder coating to keyboards.
Disclaimer: Keycoat can not guarantee that the board will fit the same way it did before powder coating. This is because powder coat is thicker than anodization and that thickness varies depending on the material the powder is made of. However, the shop has figured out ways to combat this and we have seen it with the results
What is powder coat?
Powder coat is a free-flowing, dry powder that can be applied to metals, such as aluminum, brass, copper, steel, or silver. Powder coat is uniquely applied to the metal electrostatically after being heated in an oven. Preparation for powder coat involves sandblasting previous anodization or surface finishes, preheating the metal, then spraying the powder.
The advantages of powder coat includes a reduction in the amount of volatile organic compounds released into the environment, a wide variety of specialty effects and colors not achievable in other finishes, and a durable and tough exterior finish that could possibly reduce or hide previous blemishes, scratches, or small nicks/dings.
- Fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSczYjx-dDa8vBmnjdRqWOeSku5QxuzLEnjP3MTLqr-aSLUZ6A/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Keycoat will invoice for the cost of the service and return shipping
- You will ship the board to us with your own method of shipping, level of insurance, and packaging.
Note: Keycoat will pack the product the same way we receive it, so pack carefully
- Keycoat will send the boards to the shop who will powder coat them and check for any quality issues. Quality control will be done a second time by Keycoat after the shop finishes to assure satisfaction
- Keycoat will pick up the board(s), pack them, and ship them the next business day
Total Service Time:
Approximately three weeks from when we receive the board.
$150 + return shipping.
Pricing is subject to change depending on the choice of powder and number of coats.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to PM or message on discord.