Silent Linear Switches Comparison & Silent Alpaca Review

Yeah it was well worth the effort, I would usually do just about anything to avoid that PC JWK clack but with silent stems it works out pretty well.

1 Like

any 2021 updates/new contenders? i’ve been firmly in topre land so my mx knowledge is limited. am interested in the lighter silent linears like sakurios and i’ve been looking at the bobagum 52g. would you still recommend your initial list or are there other silent linears worth trying?

**if anyone else can recommend–i prefer light topre–so stock 30g or deskeys tiffany 35g; and my work keeb is a stock fc980m silent red. what’s a good light silent linear for an upcoming hotswap board?

1 Like

Spring swap some bobagums (come 55g at the lightest). Their silencing method is superior and they’re fairly smooth stock.

Edit: Boba “Bobagum” Silent Linear Switches - MKUltra Corporation

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a lot of or frankly, any new silent linear switches. I’ve been sticking with Gateron Silent Inks. My favourite tactile is still the Tacit.

2 Likes

Having a Hybrid Type-S, the Gateron Silent Inks are very satisfying, especially with PBT keycaps (KAT, KAM or ePBT). There is a bit of spring-ping stock, but lubing (3204) got rid of that.

2 Likes

Got into linear only recently, but I have been enjoying gat silent yellow lately. They remind me some of the things I like about hybrid type-s: soft bottoming out, silenced but not completely quiet. Like topre, they are addictive to type on once getting used to them.
Getting some bobagum to try next for some extra soft bottom out feel :yum:

1 Like