Silent tactile switches

I have the rose and the brown both. Like you said, the extra noise in the leaf is distracting. Not terrible, just a bit annoying. I like the linears as well. I just get bored with silent switches after a while. I really wish someone would come up with a full travel silent. That’s one of the key reasons why I like cherry silents stems in zeal housings. It’s the closest to a full travel silent switch I’ve found.

4 Likes

Received the Outemu Silent Yellow Cream v3 (aka Jade, with translucent housings) today and just installed them tonight.

Wow, these are great. Much better than the Silent Greys. Excellent level of silencing, and much better keyfeel. Nice, large round bump that starts immediately in travel. I bought 110, just in case there might some duds and so I could cherry pick the best in the batch, but the first 87 that I’ve installed are all great sounding/feeling, and very consistent, so I haven’t had to swap any out. The one sample of v2 (all white, opaque housing) seems to be pretty much the same as these, except for the translucence/opaqueness.

Edit: I did find one switch in the bag that had a small patch of some sort dark dirt or grease on the housing. I didn’t bother testing that one and just threw it away, since I have so many spares.

6 Likes

Thanks for your review @yeeb.
So you say that the only difference between V2 and V3 is just the upper housing appearance?
Just asking as I really wanna try a tactile and maybe I’ve to sell my TOM, since this can be better and with quite the same price.

2 Likes

From my evaluation, with one v2 switch vs 87 v3 switches, I can’t discern a difference in terms of sound and keyfeel between the two. My batch of v3 switches seems quite consistent. However, I cannot say how consistent the v2 switches would be.

In terms of visual differences, it is both the top and bottom housings that different. v2 has opaque, white top and bottom housing, while v3 (“Jade”) has translucent, white top and bottom housings. I don’t see any structural difference in the housing, and the stems appear identical. Note: I have not yet opened up any switches, so I can’t comment on the internals.

I don’t see any changes to the shape of the housings. Both look identical and have a letter mold mark on the bottom to the left of the led slot, and another number mold mark on the top to the top-right of the led slot. My v2 switch has the letter “H” for the bottom mold mark and what appears to be “0” for the top mold mark, while my v3 switches have a variety of different letters on the bottom and a variety of different two-digit numbers for the top mold mark.

3 Likes

Update after a few days of break-in and the initial excitement of new switches wearing off.

I have just recently have replaced 4 of the 87 Outemu Silent Cream Yellows (v3) that I installed in my keyboard. One of those had a slightly less-silenced upstroke, not extremely so, but enough to stand out and hence I swapped it out for better consistency across the board. The three others switches that I swapped out had quite a bit of ping to them. I feel like they weren’t quite like that a few days ago (or maybe I wasn’t careful enough to notice), so it’s possible that it developed only after a bit of wear in.

Otherwise, with the spares swapped in, things are still going great. I hope the performance holds up over time, and not too many other switches need to be replaced.

Note: all of this evaluation has been done with switches in their original factory condition.

3 Likes

I guess I should have replaced my Silent Cream Yellow springs with 62 G Gazzew springs.

2 Likes

So I got my Outemu samples via the post a few days ago. I’m happy I waited for these Outemu switches as they turned out to be my favourite switches out of all the samples I tested (and I tested a few!).

Now to go through the difference between the Silent Yellow Cream and Silent Yellow Jade. Apart from the obvious difference in housing where one is opaque and one is translucent, initially I thought they sound and feel the same. For reference, I only got a sample of 10 for each. Although the tactility is the same, Silent Yellow Jade a slightly deeper sound. Keep in mind that this is only after 2 days of breaking in. YMMV

For now I will have board of Silent Yellow Jade and Silent Peach for the stabilisers + WASD.

It took me some time however after going through some samples (some of which were gifts from sellers) I finally found what feels and sounds good to me.

6 Likes

I wonder if reviews denote the ping in Silent Cream Yellow / Jade batches.

Check this out:

opaque white-top Silent Cream Yellow

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004669940336.html

"High-quality switches, lubricated from the factory, but there is a little sand in the sound. Springs need to be lubricated, as sometimes they ring "

clear-white top “Silent Yellow Jade”

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005352846643.html

No complaints about sound. Some people replaced the springs [1 to 35 G].

Same with these Silent Cream Yellow
[these are semi-transparent]

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005334375639.html

Some noise noted in these opaque white-top Silent Cream Yellow

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005353250182.html

The above include availability for “Silent Cream Yellow Pro.” They are opaque, though. Isn’t clear-top the latest?

And that last link also refers to a Silent Lemon V2. Did they finally make a better one? The original was a little wobbly, and desperately short of factory-lube.

2 Likes

Oh, look at this:

And they assure us:

As shown in the figur, there are currently two versions of the color scheme, we will send them randomly!!!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005134349874.html

1 Like

The day finally came: just bought 90 Silent Yellow Jade from Aliexpress’ INEDA store for around 25 €, as a coupon was available.

Planning to put them on the GMK67 and move the Silent Ocean in the IK75, adding the Poron sheets I’ve bought some time ago and see the outcome.

Thanks all for the reviews above, really helpful :grin:

5 Likes

Worth noting that my experience with Outemu switches (Silent Yellow Cream and Silent Yellow Jade) is only with ‘INEDA Digital Store’ store from AliExpress. Personally went with them due to consistency of switches and no mix and match within the same batch.

I wish they kept the name as is and use v2 and v3 terminology. For example: Silent Yellow Cream v2, Silent Yellow Cream v3, etc. It’s a bit confusing.

3 Likes

I noted in a post earlier that the Ineda digital store listing had also previously made the same statement about v1 and v2, but then they recently updated that store posting to remove mention of the v1.

So now you have found a second AliExpress seller that have also indicated that v1 and v2 are meant to be the same, besides a change in color scheme, and I’m guessing that is also convenient for them to simply mix their stock of v1 and v2, until the v1’s are sold out.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Ordered the silent yellow jade and love them. Better than boba U4 but not as good as the Durock T1 (but they aren’t silent so not a fair comparison)

5 Likes

Quick update, I’ve had this keyboard for over a week and I’m very happy with my choice of switches.

This thread has helped me a lot and wanted to say thank you.

9 Likes

In what sense do you feel the Outemu Silent Yellow Jade switches are better than the Gazzew Boba U4 switches? Both happen to be manufactured by Outemu.

2 Likes

Just a guess, but the Silent Yellow Jade may be somewhat less-tactile. U4 are fairly tactile.

Also, Silent Yellow Jade may have more pre-lube, which saves time for some people.

They also come with 63.5 G springs, at least the Cream Yellow do, I think. This may be preferred by some as opposed to the U4 stock weights.

4 Likes

Has anybody used the Haimu x Geon Silent Yellows? I’m curious about what the bump in those is like. I have the Silent Reds and enjoy using them, but would like to mix things up a bit with a tactile. Is the Haimu Whisper to the HG Silent Yellow as the Haimu Heartbeat is to the HG Silent Red?

More or less, yes. The nuances of springs, leaves, and housing material may vary a little but Haimu has very few bump styles at the moment.

3 Likes

The U4s are more tactile and the tactile bump is sharper. It’s more jarring to type on. Still love my T1s the most

4 Likes

Sorry if I am asking a redundant question right now but does anyone have know where I could find a visual breakdown of the TTC Bluish White switches?

3 Likes