Six Speed Situations (Car Enthusiast Thread)

A little late, and a little necroposting, but saw this clip today
https://youtu.be/ggnAVvz2RTs?t=121

and it reminded me of one of my all time favs

P.S.
6 speed non-gated in my stable -)

2 Likes

Learned on a service truck with a super 10 when I was 15. When I finally drove my first car, I was mad I didn’t learn on that first lol.

2 Likes

In Sweden it’s a requirement to get the driver licens. (u can get a license for automatic transmission only, but that’s have been uncommon until lately)

@skepp do you need a separate DL to drive a manual transmission vehicle?
or is it the case of mandatory automatic transmissions on cars?

Well, it’s the standard DL for manuel.
You can get a special one for just automatic, but it’s mainly for special needs people like if you only got one leg.

Fun thread! Here’s my summer toy.

9 Likes

I haven’t been buying much keyboard stuff lately since I’m trying to appreciate what I have (and I have a lot of unfinished projects right now anyway), but I had a hole burning in my pocket so I bought something I’ve been wanting for quite a while :grin:

7 Likes

Beautiful NC!

1 Like

Had to give mine up, now waiting for a E46 to roll in. Huge love for the GTI, best car I ever had.

4 Likes

MK7 for an E46?

I dont want to, but yeah. Some f… up relationship stuff the last 6 months, couldnt afford to hold the Mk7 anymore. Also, changing jobs at the same time. Now I get the E46 from the family for almost nothing.

1 Like

This too shall pass, friend. Hope you’re doing ok these days.

1 Like

Well it could be worse, keebs are one thing that keep the mind up :sweat_smile:

For topic something from the E46, self made Mist Filter

3 Likes

ohlala. I love pre-restyle headlights with amber corners.

2 Likes

LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES HATE THIS ONE TRICK

2 Likes

Pre-FL is by far the better looking imho. I recently programmed US DRL, accidentally got also US sidemarkers. Getting rid of those and keeping the DRL was really an interesting procedure. As good as the sidemarkers look, they’re illegal here :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hmmm. Let me guess. Germany?

looks great!

1 Like