Snow White Switch

Neat. With polyamide bottom housings, these might be decent recolors of H1’s with lighter springs.

Custom JWK linear with 64g springs

• POM stem
  • Polycarbonate top
  • Polyamide bottom
  • PCB-mount
  • Thin lubricant applied, improved method
  • Sold in bags of 110
  • Each bag includes a pack of 120 Durock switch films (clear, 0.15mm thick, blue backing)
3 Likes

Personally, I don’t mind that catering to the color-conscious builder has become JWK’s niche - definitely preferable to their early direction, I think.

So TIL that Nylon is a branded plastic formula within the Polyamide type of plastics - so I’m inferring that these would be Nylon-like bottoms. Is that right?

5 Likes

My guess is that these are indeed nylon. From my understanding, all nylon (which is a brand name by dupont i think) is made from polyamide… but polyamide isn’t necessarily nylon.

3 Likes

Rereading ThereminGoat’s H1 review, he makes a point to mention the distinction between the two.

Polyamides are a larger class of molecules under which Nylon falls. While it is quite similar to Nylon in functionality, it is not technically Nylon for pedantic purposes.

His switch plastics post goes super in depth on those difference. I always end up referring back to this gem when navigating vendor’s bold claims.

5 Likes

@ajoflo do you know if these switches have the new v2 moulds that jwk are using? Moreover, do you know if the description of “custom linear” refers to the use of the H1 moulds? I thought those were only for the H1s? The price seems really good considering they also come with switch films.

3 Likes

Welcome! All good questions, but I have no idea. :nerd_face:

Molds aside, I wager these will replicate H1’s stem and housing material, but the verdict is still out on the leaf springs. That’s what I’m looking forward to test the most. Stock H1 springs are buttery heavy, but sort of generic none the less.

1 Like

Seems like they are from the H1 moulds I think. 415 has a reddit post on r/mechmarket after I went on a search.

Price is great but the shipping kills it for me. 21USD to ship to Canada is way too much.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I think you’re right. Huge thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I don’t need anymore switches, I don’t need anymore switches, I don’t need anymore switches, I need more switches, wait what!? LOL :joy:

4 Likes

If you’re located near Vancouver, I’m in the Fraser Valley and can possibly split shipping with you.

1 Like

Hey thanks for reaching out! I actually do live in the lower mainland but I won’t be getting these. I’m opting to get the new alpaca’s from apex probably.

2 Likes

got these in the mail today. Nice linear switch. I find the spring very comfortably weighted. Not too light and not too heavy. They sound nice. Nothing too high pitched or rattly. Stragely enough, I don’t see a need to film them, even though films were included in the purchase. At least not from the test I did in my M-60A. Perhaps in boards with traditional 1.4mm plates the tops would move more?

There is a hint of friction in the stroke… similar to a gateron switch. However, I find these stock switches to certainly be many steps above something like a KS-8.

Not much else to say. They’re nice. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them stock. I’m sure they would sound top notch with some 205g0. (please note that we are in a global pandemic and I find myself much less picky about switches and such in the past few months. Take all this with a grain of salt)

8 Likes

Ordered them yesterday! I can’t wait :yum:

2 Likes

Yeah I caved too, just ordered a batch. Think these might the move for my rd.2 Rukia!

1 Like

After placing a lubed SW in a D60 full of lubed tangies, I found that it feels slightly less smooth than the tangerine, but is pretty close. In the sound category, they sound exactly like the tangies, so I guess if you’re looking for a tangies substitute, these would be the way to go.

2 Likes

In the 60 I tested, I found these don’t need films. If that’s the case with all of them, that is a huge bonus. Also, the fact that the factory lube (although thin oil) makes them acceptably smooth stock… These are probably the best overall value JWK linear on the market.

2 Likes

I 100% agree.

2 Likes

Isn’t polyamide just a fancy term for Nylon?

Aren’t these just another JWK recolor? Do they have more to offer than that?

4 Likes

I think it’s how UHMWPE contributes to a higher pitch sound, while Polyamide allows for a bassier one. With nylon, PC, and POM somewhere in the middle.

Polyamide (low bass) > Nylon > PC > POM > UHMWPE (high clack)

EDIT:

After some research, I think it goes like this …

Polyamide (low bass) > PC > PC/Nylon Blend > Nylon > POM > UHMWPE (high clack)

4 Likes

It would be more accurate to say “nylon is a common name for one category of arrangements of polyamides” but that’s a mouthful. Plastics are weird.

EDIT: A bunch of polyamides are things you probably recognize, like wool. Nylon is just one of the families of artificial polyamides.

3 Likes