Some JTK PC MAX TRAYS pics from customers

Will keep updating:
GH post: [IC] JTK new PC Plastic keycaps trays MAX

6 Likes

Nice, I need to grab a few of these for my SA sets & some of the regular ones for my non GMK sets. Right now I’ve been using just plain boxes & sheets of bubble wrap, which work well enough for protecting the caps in storage, but man are they a mess when it comes organizing the sets!

Wow these look like they turned out well to fit SA keycaps comfortably like that. If it was a GMK keycap, it looks like there would be some wobble, but there isn’t enough space for GMK keycaps to ‘jump around’ right?

The pc max trays is for SA and JTK HSA. If you use GMK or JTK CA profile, you can buy normal pc trays sir.

1 Like

Are these available in North America yet? I remember Puddsy was talking about doing a GB for them.

Seconded - I would buy several of these if I had an easy opportunity to do so without paying way too much for shipping.

1 Like

Thirded, would buy if available from EU proxy.

Looks like these are now available on Drop.

1 Like

Seems so. But be aware that Drop offers two sizes. The smaller ones (as in “for less key caps”) are only for 60% + 3 rows; not for full-size key cap sets.

Got a bunch of those smaller ones. They did not completely fulfil my expectations as their compartments are often a tiny bit too small.

For example you get 15 1u keys besides each other. That’s the normal width of a 60%. Buuuuut the key caps sit closer to each other than on the keyboard. So if you try to put a full bottom row (7x 1.25u + 1x 6.25u) into one row compartment, they are too long and you need to put one of the 1.25u key caps upside down so that all keys fit in.

Additionally the spacebar seems to be too thick and sticks inside any compartment. Same counts for many other keys if I put them close to the end of a row.

And no, I haven’t tried that with exotic key caps not listed by JTK. This happened with JTK CS:GO Orange/White. I really would have expected that at least JTK’s own key cap sets fit in perfectly. This was quite disappointing. :frowning:

Additionally I want to note that at least for the smaller trays, even KAT keycaps are already too high and do not fit in. KAM might fit in. Not sure about SA R3-only keycap sets.

I think the small ones are the old ones that were only designed for JTK sets and are what most JTK sets have been coming in, the “max” one on there is the new one that is designed to hold taller keycaps

1 Like

Maybe, but for that, those key caps which do not fit tight between the rows have quite some space on top and often sit partially on top of each other, if the tray was slanted too much towards one side. Happens especially often with alpha key caps (i.e. 1u keycaps of R2 to R5), but only seldom with R0 or R1 key caps — they though still have some noticeable gap between their top and the lid.