Looks more like off-white than KAT Alpha

10 Likes

Is this in stock???

1 Like

Yep. Pretty big base kit too.

2 Likes

okay THATS a beaut!

1 Like

And Icon only mods too. Wish they included 2.25u space for split boards. Guess extra 2.25u shift will have to do. Hopefully the feel on them will be smooth.

2 Likes

Icon mods ftw. While I prefer icon mods on cherry profile sets, depending on the set, icon/text or just text are still appealing to me, but text mods on SA, DSA, or KAT really rub me the wrong way. It’s also nice to see cherry-esc icons vs the funky ones offered on most custom KAT sets. Hopefully mechanicalkeyboards.com eventually gets this set like other Kbdfans exclusive sets as I’m a bit tired of the expensive shipping and delays as of late (not to mention the inconsistent customer service).

1 Like

The BOW KAT on iQunix has text mods (but, it also has limited layout compatibility).

1 Like

That does seem odd. Why would they have the extra B but no alice space bar support? KAT alpha had a 2.25u convex space bar, so we know the mold exists.

this is pretty tight tbh might have to pick this up

Same here.
It’s just… I’ve joined KAT Arctic and KAT Refined, both WoB and BoW.
On top of that, I’ve got incoming ePBT Ivory (soon) and GMK MoDo in a couple of months…
Do I really need another keyset?
(maybe yes, because my first KAT)

There is a 2.25u and 2.75u spacebar in the kit

1 Like

You know what KAT needs? WoB

3 Likes

I think this is the actual white BOW KAT on KBD?

https://kbdfans.com/collections/keycaps/products/kat-alpha-pbt-146-40s-ergo-blank-keycaps-set

2 Likes

I was thinking about this earlier, and this may be total conjecture, but do you think this influx of in-stock BoW adjacent KAT sets (they’ve been stocked in several places online now) is perhaps attributed to Keyreative trying to sort out all their issue with the custom sets? and they’re just pumping these out in the meantime?

They had a WoB set in refined, right? Also, since they’re going through the trouble of making double-shot molds I bet they’ll do a double-shot WoB in the near future (with their ample free time)

1 Like