Switch Photos | Collections, Favorites, Obscurities, Bête Noire, etc

I was going to recommend these Stanley parts organizers as a few dollars more but room enough for 100+ switches in each bin and removable bins to boot, but they’ve somehow doubled in price since the last time I purchased them (2016).

1 Like

those are some nice looking switches

Silks:

• Yellow
  • Awaken
  • Emerald
  • Olivia
5 Likes

That Baja Blast one makes me thirsty :drooling_face:

1 Like

The rainbow shelf:

• WS Morandi
  • TTC Old School
  • Haimu Heartbeat
  • Prevail Epsilon
  • Akko Cream Yellow
  • Ajazz Diced Fruit Kiwi
  • Gateron Ink Blue
  • Tecsee Purple Panda
  • Prevail Nebula
  • NK_ Silk Mictlán
  • TTC Heart
5 Likes

1 Like

Better keep that rainbow collection hidden. I know what state you live in. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Makes wanna get a jar for New Nixies, my ‘comfort’ switch, with a sticker saying “Break in Case of Emergency”.

2 Likes

Ha, I’d be lying if I said that hadn’t crossed my mind - but the one close neighbor is a genuinely nice fellow. By all appearances this is a locally-normal, modest old brick house with nothing niche or unfamiliar going on inside >.>

I even make a point to push-mow the yard and carry a [regional favorite sportsball team] lunchbag, which appears to keep the local smiles warm. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coming back around to colorful switches - I feel like these JWICK Taro things passed-by kind of un-sung, and I think they’re quite nice. Smooth, top-bump, extra stable.

5 Likes

Durock Lotuses: Blue, Black, White

7 Likes

Something new in my list of obscure or weird things, i guess.

Ajazz banana switches. Or, at least it would look like it at first glance. but they are not. The Ajazz banana switches are made in collaboration with Huano and their branding is even on the packaging. These, on the other hand, are made by LCET. They were included in one of my aliexpress orders some time ago. I have no clue. Maybe some pre-production prototypes before they went with Huano?

Zorro switches with different types of nameplates and molds. I really like their sound, but man, the wobble, both stem and housing, and the scratch… why does it have to be this way. if anyone ever finds out who their factory is and wants to run a custom full nylon switch with proper tolerances and molds… please, let me know.

Outemu reds that came with weirdly discolored Stems. they were supposed to be Zorro red, but i guess some taobao people don’t look at manufacturers or brands, as long as it’s a red switch. but wow. how can it even get discolored like that? it almost looks like it was bleached by the sun, as the color is quite normal on the inside parts. but then the housing would also be discolored, no?

5 Likes

The ice cream tub is super cute, but I have a format

Dangkeebs’ Cookie Dough Switches - some silent linears from their DK Creamery series

6 Likes

I’m babysitting a machine at work today, so it’s time for a trivial and time consuming post!

Another themed / curated sample pack, just for fun. Today’s theme is long pole / short travel plus a few extras:

Featured switches grouped in the colored boxes, bonus switches between them. Blue box contains all linears with some kind of reduced travel, green box contains all tactiles with some kind of reduced travel.

Details

Blue box - Linear:

• SillyWorks x HMX Hyacinth V2 - crisp, clacky, and extra-stable

• Dukuk x QK QK01 - decent price, some novel materials, slick if not skate-y

• Geon x KeyGeek Raw - dry / tune-ready, some novel materials, solid all-rounder

• Bolsa x SP Star Namazu - a bit wobbly, not bad but honestly unremarkable

• Duhuk Lumia Matcha V2 - remarkably solid in all categories, if unimpressive in any one alone; another solid all-rounder, but pre-lubed

• NuPhy x Bsun Night Breeze - smooth, stable, & clacky with a POK stem; I’m a big fan of these

• Invokeys x Aflion Black Sesame lubed - buttery, stable, & deep

• MZ Z1 - cheap, decent, good to go

• Divinikey x Tecsee Oni - smooth & clacky, mfr-exclusive housing material; good if not particularly interesting

• Prevail x JWK Epsilon - glassy-smooth with a clean clack right from the bag

• Geon x Haimu Raw - dry / tune-ready, some novel materials; good, but not good-to-go

• Geon x Haimu GH Clear - clear POM stem, otherwise par for an all-clear switch: stable but a little sticky

• Moondrop x G-square x Haimu Lunalight - expensive but luxurious pre-lubed Nylon switch

• Moyu.Studio x Haimu EMT V2 - similar to Lunalight, with further-reduced travel and an added light diffuser

• Wuque Studio x Haimu Morandi - buttery, clean, & muted; these are long-poles but tuned to have a gentle bottom-out. pretty remarkable and popular among enthusiasts for a reason

Green box - Tactile:

• CIY x Bsun Asura - cheap, smooth, & really punchy top-bump; killer budget tactile with a POK stem

• NuPhy x Bsun Fleeting Gold - this is a factory-lubed light tactile, and an extremely good example thereof; Bsun is killing it (these also have POK stems)

• Chosfox x JWK Voyager - smooth, clean, & super punchy top-bump; similar to Asura but a little more clean and a lot more expensive

• Kono x JWK Midnight prototype - smooth & very punchy big-bump switch; not too unlike Moyu Blacks / Dark Jades but not identical - prototype version is 5-pin, final is 3-pin

• Durock x JWK White Lotus - an expensive and pretty Ergo Clear wannabe that’s smooth but suffers from a noisy leaf and unremarkable stability

• Outva x SWK Yin - extra short, weird big-but-soft bump, quality seems good tho

• Invokeys x Aflion Blueberry Chiffon unlubed - dry / tune-ready with a pretty unique short & crisp bump

• Moondrop x G-square x Haimu Tessence - expensive but luxurious all-nylon switch; typical big-but-gentle Haimu style bump with very good factory tuning

• Moyu.Studio x Haimu Betty - compared with the Tessence, these have further shortened travel and a much more punchy, shorter bump - pow pow!

• Acitrin x KTT - Carpinteria - based on the KTT Matcha, this is a competently executed medium tactile with a sharp bump; not the most clean, but more clean than most of its kind

• Tecsee Purple Panda - crispy & extra clacky; these use PME housings like Carrots and a few others - this is a brittle material that makes for higher-pitched sounds and a crisp feel; some tuning recommended

• Divinikey x Tecsee Saru - smooth, crisp, & punchy; the angry monkey mascot for these is fitting

• Gazzew x 3DKeebs x Outemu Boba U4T Black - special edition black stem, otherwise the same; who needs Holy Pandas when you can get these? Bobas / U4Ts kicked-off a clacky arms-race of their own…

• Gateron Beer - not affiliated with Tsing Dao, but might as well be - it’s one of their bottles in switch form… oh yeah! these are smooth and clacky medium-light tactiles; like a brown but a little more

• GoPolar x Gateron Azure Dragon - this V1 example lacks the diffuser the current V3 has, but is otherwise the same; a punchy, clacky medium-heavy tactile with above-average stock cleanliness

Top row - silent linears:

• Dangkeebs x KTT Cookie Dough - smooth travel, light spring, nice middle-ground firmness to the dampeners; all around a very solid silent offering

• Kono x JWK Nightcall - standard JWK silent linear with a glow-in-the-dark stem

• Cannonkeys x Haimu Heartbeat - smooth, fairly light, and surprisingly quiet for using pliant legs for dampening instead of silicone - only weakness is a top-out sound that’s closer to normal volume

• Gazzew x Outemu Bobagum - this particular version is discontinued, but a very similar one is still available; when tuned these are extremely quiet if also pretty mushy

• Outemu Silent Peach V1 - similar qualities to the Bobagum, but trades housing tolerance for a budget price

Middle row - novel half-breeds:

• Velocifire x Haimu Light Wave V2 - often listed as “KK Light Wave”, apparently “King Keyboard” was a dba Haimu was using for this project… maybe? anyway; these share tooling with the Candy Jade Green and a few other similar switches, using the same pliant-leg bottom dampeners that the newer Haimu silents use, these have an un-dampened top-out and an otherwise unconventional high placement for those bottom legs. These sound rough when stock but are glassy smooth with tuning

• Gateron North Pole 2.0 - discontinued almost as soon as it released, this version of the North Pole features a bright yellow ported pad at the bottom of the tube; not exactly a half-silent, but not exactly not one, either…

• NovelKeys x Kailh Cream Clickie - a buttery smooth all-POM linear that also happens to be a clicky; definitely a unique offering

• Gazzew x Smith + Rune x Outemu U4Tx Plum Edition - limited colorway of an otherwise stock Gazzew switch; these are “half silents” but I think it’s helpful to think about the dampening here as having more in common with the force-break case mod than with the idea of silence; these are long-pole tactiles with a silenced top-out, but a set of bottom dampeners also engage juuuust before that bottom pole clacks against the housing, absorbing many of the errant vibrations while letting the primary clack ring free

• TTC Bluish White - the original half-and-half; TTC’s regular big-bump tactile stem in one of their silent housings, making for a vaguely Topre-like bottom-out thud with a more MX-typical clacky top-out; good but a bit weird

Bottom row - silent tactiles:

• TTC Silent Bluish White - just like the last one, but now including stem-mounted top dampeners, making this a fully-silent tactile, and an excellent one at that; might still be my favorite switch, and what I’m using to type this right now

• TTC Silent Brown V2 - like an SBW, but with a smaller bump (and a less reliably-quiet spring); not perfect but still overall one of the better light silent tactiles around IMO

• NovelKeys x Kailh Mute Jade - not really a silent tactile, not really a clicky - honestly just a BOX Brown with more steps but it’s interesting

• Gateron Silent Brown - about as basic as MX-compatible silent tactiles get, even if the dampeners are needlessly complicated; not bad, but pretty much only gets better from here

• Outemu Silent Lemon V1 - light-tactile counterpart to the Silent Peach; these are very quiet if a bit loose on tolerances. Worth noting almost no leaf noise which is rare for sharp light tactiles

2 Likes

I picked up some of these to start popping some of my leftover, loose switches into to have something more presentable for my collection.

Saw this post and figured something like this would be perfect for you. I can send you a couple if you’d like. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Honestly I could always use more testers / switch storage! Ha, I’m glad Gateron decided to sell those as their own thing - they started life as packaging for the first run of CAP switches, which is a bit overkill if you ask me.

Still, there was a good reason for the format anyway - that first run of switches tended to dribble oil from those port-holes - super gross in a bag or tub but pretty much a non-issue in those egg-crate things. They’ve since improved / fixed the dribbling, so these (and their short-lived cardboard versions) aren’t needed as packaging anymore.

2 Likes

Realized I had enough clear switch sets to fill a shelf
  • Everglide Aqua King V3s
  • Everglide Aqua King V3 R2s
  • Kailh BOX Jellyfish (clicky version)
  • Zeal Pearlios
  • Zeal Crystals
  • TTC Heart / Honey
  • Haimu + Geon HG Clears
  • TTC Frozen Silent V1s
  • Gateron North Poles
  • Gateron North Pole 2.0s
  • Geteron New North Pole 2.0s

Not pictured (in a board): Tecsee Snow Globes

Just a few short years ago, this whole category was a non-existent novel idea.

6 Likes

wait, wait. You mean to tell me I don’t just keep them in baggies and random keyboards and then have to spend 30 min trying to figure out “which the fuck clear switch is this one?”

Lol, I honestly stopped buying all clear switches b/c I’m tired of not knowing what is what.

And don’t even start with the “look for what the brand is stamped on the top.” My eyes suck. I’m not about to get my glasses out.

5 Likes

Got some stickers / switches today;

Kailh Whales

Durock Sea Glass

Badseed Tactiles

6 Likes

Love the graphics too! Are those stickers or did you make those?
(oh, just seeing your recent posts lol)

1 Like

Thanks!

For the most part those are stickers from Redbubble, almost each one by a different illustrator or digital artist. It’s not my favorite business, but basically the best place on Earth to look for highly-specific stickers. :wink:

1 Like