Hi everyone. Some of you might have come across my website: https://switches.mx
After countless design iterations, test prints, and tweaking, I’m finally ready to announce the first new product.
The 3D printed mechanical keyboard switch holder, display, and tester.
- Switch holes with side cutouts to showcase both top and bottom of switch.
- Holds 25 switches (5*5).
- Stackable (the feet fit snugly on top of mounted switches).
- Unique label track system - compatible with standard 9mm label makers (for example the Dymo LabelManager 160).
- Simply slot in with no adhesives.
- Held in firm but can be adjusted with a little force to make them line up perfectly.
- Designed with postage costs in mind.
- 3D printed using high quality filament.
- Designed to fit nicely aligned next to each other.
- Edge walls allow for magnets (6mm diameter x 2mm) to be slotted in to hold multiple boxes together side by side (not included).
- Visually appealing textured top surface.
- Designed with an appreciation for switch feel and sound.
- Available in 2 colours: Bright White and Galaxy Black (has a subtle glitter effect).
- Comes with rubber feet for stability, sound profile and feel.
- Optional IKEA SKÅDIS pegboard clips to allow for wall mounting (printed in same colour as switch holder).
- Optional custom logo to replace S.MX top left logo. Add the Custom logo design product to your order.
Get yours here! https://shop.switches.mx/products/smx-01-switch-holder
Starting at £12.99 (before shipping)
Use code LAUNCHSALE for 10% off everything for the next 24 hours.
I appreciate that it can be prohibitively expensive to post items like this (especially given I’m not in the US - I’m in the UK) so I’ve decided to offer a downloadable STL file version of the SMX-HLDR-01 (and compatible IKEA SKÅDIS pegboard clips) to enable you to 3D print this at home (if you have a printer), or a friend or even a local 3D printing service.
Link here: https://shop.switches.mx/products/smx-hldr-01-stl
Priced at £10.00, which hopefully you’ll agree is reasonable
- These will soon also be available in ALPS compatibility
- Possibly a larger 9*9 version without label tracks
- Artisan case (Photos here on my Instagram 𝔰𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔰.𝔪𝔵 on Instagram: "SMX-ACSE01 coming very soon - the fun, thoughtfully designed 3D printed Artisan Keycap case from switches.mx")
Note, these are printed on demand and not stored as in-stock (except for digital downloads) so there will be a delay between placing your order and it being shipped.