Tabletop RPGs (TTRPGs) Thread

You all know that feeling after you got into keyboards, but when you got into keyboard communities? That’s how I’m feeling with TTRPGs right now and it’s nice to talk with people on Discord about TTRPGs and whatnot.

Looks like I finally found enough people for a session 0 campaign of Age of Sigmar: Soulbound! I’ll keep y’all updated on how it goes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ran session 1 of my Age of Sigmar Soulbound yesterday and things went great! The biggest obstacle for my party was a locked door :joy:

2 Likes

Knock…, :joy::joy:

1 Like

Are you still going with it? I didn’t place in that 24-hour RPG- I was hoping after last years 2nd place finish, I’d at least place! I screwed up a bit on my layout and didn’t get to put the examples in I’d wanted to, which I think contributed to that.

Humble Bundle has a 13th Age bundle going on right now. Recommend anyone interested in the system pick it up!

2 Likes

How has everyone’s campaigns been going? Anyone make the switch from online due to real life? I’ve still been playing Soulbound with my group and it’s been going well.

It looks like my local game shop will be opening up for IRL TTRPG games next month which has a lot of people excited!

I’m playing in a Silent Legions campaign- not dead yet is my best guess, though we just got into combat with the BBEG.

My other campaign died, unfortunately, but I’m getting ready to run my Eclipse Phase campaign, so I’m excited about that.

1 Like

I’ve just discovered The Chronicles of Stampadia, which is a pencil-and-paper single player roguelike game - every day a new dungeon is generated, the contents are obscured from the player and revealed as you play …
https://www.kesiev.com/stampadia/index.html

2 Likes

Okay it’s now winter and most of us are stuck inside more. I now have more time to form a proper group. Anyone potentially interested in some role playing?

1 Like

When I was (a lot) younger, we used to have a tabletop RPG sleepover between christmas and new year’s eve.
Started playing one early afternoon, cooked dinner together, played until 2-3 am at night, continued playing after breakfast the next day.

And I will never forget the screams and howls at night when someone stepped on one of the D4s that fell off the table earlier.

Sometimes I miss those days…

1 Like

Now that it’s the holidays I finally have time!

Planning on starting a table for Kids on a Broom if anyone is interested in playing online;

Kids on Brooms is a collaborative role-playing game about taking on the life of a witch or wizard at a magical school you all attend- a place full of mystery, danger, and thrilling adventure. From dealing with strict professors to facing down mythical beasts, players will get the opportunity to ride brooms, brew potions, and cast powerful magic as they uncover the incredible secrets their school and its inhabitants hold. Built using the ENnie Award-Winning Kids on Bikes framework, it is a rules-light, narrative-first storytelling game perfect for new players and gaming veterans alike!

Edit:

Thinking of playing this Sunday; approx 4PM CT/2PM PT

2 Likes

Random shot in the dark as I do more research into potential systems for future games;

Has anyone tried Torchbearers 1e or 2e?

I met the creator at PAX East several years ago and have a beautiful paper deluxe edition. Sadly, the number of people who want to play a resource constrained survival fantasy game are few and far between. So no real experience playing it.

Yeah it seems pretty interesting and I’m pretty surprised it didn’t seem that popular. Afaik, it’s one of the inspirations to a popular game, Darkest Dungeon

Would anyone like to try Pathfinder 2e? I’m thinking of putting together a table to try it out

My experience with Pathfinder… wasn’t good. It sort of turned me off Pathfinder at all, though Paizo leading the charge against Wizards at least has the company in my good graces.