Taeha Types Mechanical Keyboard Sounds

https://boomkat.com/products/mechanical-keyboard-sounds-recordings-of-bespoke-and-customised-mechanical-keyboards

Well I was looking for some new music and found this.

2 Likes

Wow, is Nathan even aware of this?

I believe its a collaboration

I’d like to know more about how Taeha does sound recording, enough details for others to reproduce the awesome recordings he consistently makes.

He’s using Sony A7 series (don’t know which version) as his webcam and overhead camera I believe, so expect some high-end microphone as well. He has several items listed on his Amazon storefront with regards to audio equipment.

He has two microphones listed there: Audio-Technica AT2020USB PLUS and a Sennheiser MKH-416 Short Shotgun Interference Tube Microphone which is listed at $1000. Not a cheap product but I assume you can expect some quality recordings with it. I assume his microphone is on a boom which is just out of the frame above.

He’s also listing a specific audio interface, Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Solo. The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is an affordable alternative.

I don’t know if the room is sound treated but I’d expect so, to also eliminate echo and reverb.

Here’s a link to his storefront if you’re interested.

For more budget friendly options that still provide decent enough audio, you can take some away from the typing sound videos from Koen Romers.

He uses:

A setup that will still set you back around $1000 but I guess that’s the price to pay for above average / high quality audio recording.

1 Like

Wow. That’s quite a collection of equipments. Thanks for the detailes!

Best microphone I have is Blue Yeti so I am going see how far I can get with audio filters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol my setup is a blue yeti on top of a towel… on a lamp. i’m doing great

3 Likes

I can personally vouch for the AT2020 microphone. It is the best bang-for-buck when it comes to microphones. Its the closest to studio-quality audio you can get with a reasonable budget.

I use it for general voice over, and its super crisp.

1 Like