Tecsee Middle Switch Review

Hey all,

After having spent the past few months in reviews trying to keep up with the cutting edge, I figured it would be worth the time and effort to go back and explore a peculiar Tecsee switch which flew under my radar. This week we take a deep dive into the shallow pond that is Tecsee’s Middle Switches.

Article: Tecsee Middle Switch Review — ThereminGoat's Switches
Scorecard Repository: GitHub - ThereminGoat/switch-scores: PDF Repository of switch score sheets.
Force Curve Repository: GitHub - ThereminGoat/force-curves: PDF and Data Repository of switch force curves.
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/theremingoat

As always, thank you for the continued love and support from the majority of you. Know that I made this review extra long with more background and extra switch comparisons just because of the people complaining about the length last week. (To be honest it was long overdue for the low profile switches, though, so it wasn’t entirely because of them…)

Cheers,
Goat :goat:

3 Likes

Thanks for the review.

I’m wondering what are the caveats with keycap compatibility, especially clearance above the plate. I can’t see any measurements of the height of the upper housing, which I guess would be enough to give some idea.

1 Like

I have built a keyboard with both the linear and the tactile switches (and the Tecsee mid stabilizers). There was collision on GMK and DCS. I currently have DSA keycaps on them.

The review is rather discouraging for anyone looking to try out the switch. But I highly recommend trying them out if you know that very short travel is something you enjoy. I agree with most of the conclusions in the artilcle, but I wouldn’t discount the novelty factor. It’s also great if you like to have your keycaps sitting as low as possible. BIG CAVEAT here is that you will most likely need to use DSA keycaps. I haven’t tried KAM. I’m guessing they will be okay.

2 Likes

Thanks, that sounds similar to what I have read about choc v2 and I guess other low profile MX mount switches.