TFV2, Kara or Tokyo60 which will you get?

+1 vote for Kara! Never buy Rama a keyboard but love its aesthetics. I think they manage to elaborate on a very unique design language, the most polished brand for keyboard now

2 Likes

I think i’ll get the KBD67 Lite just because i like the shape of it more.
It and the kara both feature a nice gasket mount style.
But on the kara i dislike the giant screwholes where the hhkb blockers are.

I agree that kbdfans usually gets big enough slice of the cake already, but it’s tempting.

1 Like

There won’t be visible screw holes on the opaque plastic Kara cases FWIW

2 Likes

Yeah I agree kbd67 is an interesting and tempting one!

Gasket mount with muting kit. I think it will remove quite a lot of the hollow sound that a typical abs case will have (hoping it will be). Hoping that they will release more colourways for the community as interest check or just let the community see what colours they have that will be nice…

Could tell by the amount of effort spent on designing the Kara! It is really quite intricate for the different small parts in those photo renders…really excited to see what colour combinations could be made and what it sounds like with their usual sound tests!

1 Like

Before it went $999, it was showing as $215. Maybe they decide to make it more expensive haha

2 Likes

Hope Rama will bring in quite a lot of “retro” colours too! Will be fun to mix and match but we may end up spending more for those extra back covers with diff colours! :stuck_out_tongue:

If I get that game boy purple Kara, I need to find a Gengar artisan. Favorite Pokémon on a nostalgic colorway.

2 Likes

umm Tokyo60… but maybe a little biased here.

5 Likes

I love your stuff but don’t want to give drop money and didn’t have 600 bucks earlier today. keep up the great work though. :confused:

2 Likes

I like my Tokyo60 as a budget mech.

Still sticking with my actual HHKB most of the time though.

Looking forward to the Kara and what kind of sound profile that provides. Have a feeling I’d still go back to Topre after a little while though.

3 Likes

Still waiting for KARA…

1 Like

Woops! With all the hype of the Kara on RW’s IG…I think it kinda fizzle out and lose steam after the delays of the final protos and launch, and now there are many cool boards coming into GB for the next 1-2 months. Kara will have a hard time I feel with the HHKB layout.

Anyway, I think RW will have a better time selling the U80s and make more money in the meantime. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone have any intel on whether Kara will take approx. a year like most Rama products or if it will have a different schedule?

hmm…really no idea! but from what people were discussing. Kara will be injection molded which will be kinda fast to produce! :smiley: So probably I think less than a year if based on current “demand” think not many people will order Kara because by then people wallet would have taken too much hit from other hype boards :stuck_out_tongue: So I guess

1 Like

At least in the blog posts, Rama has talked up the speed improvements in manufacturing the Kara. If those hold true, then less than a year (but who’s counting).

but again…usually rama stuff gets delayed so we’ll see haha

https://rama.works/updates/2020/10/27/1111-1111pm-pst-kara-launch

4 Likes

On one hand, bummed out that it’s still a few weeks away. On the other hand, I’m really glad they’re getting the back and forth out of the way on the front end before they even have our money in hand for the GB.

Potentially Heavy Grail, Sat75 R2, and Kara in the same month… yeesh!

1 Like