The Ghost-of-Christmas-Future returns!

Ha. I knew if I just held off long enough they would get bought up. I really wanted to buy one, but I just can’t after buying the steel version of both the heavy grail and the heavy 6

So bummed I couldn’t get in on this, seeing it go to sold out was a feels bad. Oh well, holding out hope that the Norbaforce makes a return this year. I am excited to see all the new polycarb builds from those who joined :slight_smile:

1 Like

So glad you posted to the thread, any special notes to someone trying to recreate your work?

1 Like

If you have issues with stabilizer rattle, try using dielectric grease as a substitute. I prefer that but it does tend to dampen more than 205g0

2 Likes

I will probably not go as far as lubing stabs and such. Probably just install the gaskets, and call it a day. How long(and hard) does it take to install the Deskey rings?

About 30 min to an hour if I remember correctly. Ive done it twice and I never felt like it was too long of a mod. They are easy to install, but it takes time to remove the sliders.

Yeah, the longest part is the teardown. Once you get the hang of things, the silencing ring application is quite quick. Each slider has a little extra plastic bit near the top, so i just wrap the ring around that part and use my other hand to guide it over the top and down to the bottom of the slider. Then, holding the ring with a thumb and the slider with my index and middle fingers, I put them into position and snap then back into the housings.

Only difficult part for me was the stabilized keys, took a few tries to get the hang of it.

saw this added lowkey this AM, or maybe it’s been up a while.

if things get resurrected on the regular maybe my wish for a VHS Heavy-6 isn’t that far off :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Looks like it’s back? Maybe it’s a mistake?

Yeah, I’ve noticed it saying you can add it to cart for a couple days now, but I think it’s looking like Shopify being silly (I think Ryan has mentioned this happening on some of his other listings as well)

1 Like

@norbauer I saw in the description that this case was upgraded to support stainless steel rear cover plate, Do you think we can buy a rear cover color white if is possible in the future?

You would only need this if you got one of the early prototypes that had a polycarbonate rear cover plate, of which there were very few.

1 Like

Yes, please disregard. I’m currently buiding my own Shopify replacement from scratch in Rails, which shouldn’t suffer from these kinds of issues. But it’s a monumental project and likely won’t be done until summer at earliest, so for the moment I’m stuck with Shopify. =\

1 Like

But it’s a monumental project

Wow I am surprised that you are even doing this! It would be interesting to hear your experience after running this for a few months.

Yes, it is absolute insanity. But that’s my wheelhouse.

4 Likes

We’re getting close! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oo I didn’t get this email but I’m glad to hear about the update. Reminds me it’s time to start nodding my board to get it ready.

1 Like

still on track for April, or on to May?

1 Like

Hopefully with the non polycarb units making a return to the webstore means these aren’t too much further out :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Got shipping notification last night…

6 Likes