The Ghost-of-Christmas-Future returns!

Was pleasantly surprised, though I’d wondered if it might, to see the Norbaforce Ghost-of-Christmas-Future edition return today!

Some nice upgrades as well.

13 Likes

Notice it’s the Mark III!

Comes with a breakout pcb and dampener! I ordered it right away without reading if i needed to order those bits too, so I gave the description a good read. So excited for my first polycarbonate board!

5 Likes

Yeah this was an instant purchase for me. I didn’t even have to think twice about.

3 Likes

I absolutely did the same thing.

1 Like

I saw your message in Discord and I bought it immediately, didn’t know about the PCB and dampener until minutes later that I read the product description

2 Likes

No returns on this Ghost-of-Christmas-Future once I get it!

2 Likes

Damn I bought it too, pretty sure I didn’t need one more NorbaForce ha ha. But oh well :slight_smile: Thanks for getting this back @norbauer

2 Likes

Will there still be other Norbaforces coming? I was waiting for one in aperture, but may jump on this if those aren’t coming

1 Like

@norbauer Can you tell us all the mods you have done on your RGB topre to make it sound like this?

1 Like

If there’s somehow stock in January, I’ll jump in on it. Holiday’s killed my wallet a lil too hard. But seeing it labeled as Mark III gives me hope i’ll have another shot at snagging an Aperture finish sometime later next year :3

My guess would be well executed lubing. Plus those big PBT keycaps.

I would imagine, the buddyog gasket thing, along with the deskey films and Norba’s wool dampener. I hope I won’t have to get down the path of lubing switches to get to this sound profile, that sound like a lot of work ha ha.

Really love that you’ve made it possible to put the risers on without removing the rubber feet.

This was a recent dilemma for me because I use the board flat, but my wife likes a slight incline. I ended up having her use my stock realforce instead because I didn’t want to remove the feet.

Nice improvement

3 Likes

Lubing Topre really isn’t too bad, if you enjoy tinkering. There are lots of screws, aligning the domes can be a little tough the first time, and I made the mistake of over-lubing my stabs (making all the stabilized keys sticky 'till I cleaned them), but otherwise was quite easy and worth the trouble.

3 Likes

This will be my first Topre tinkering endeavor and I was a tad apprehensive about the domes. I’ve been watching youtube videos as examples. Seems there’s a method to do them all at once.

I’ve been (over)due a small batch for some time, and will definitely put those up in the shop when they arrive, but it’s only about 10 or so, so I expect them to sell out pretty much instantly—for better or worse. :slight_smile:

actually, yes! This was my rendition of Ryan’s board. Sliders and stabilizers were lubed (bathed honestly) with 205g0, and silenced with #3 RGB silencing rings.

4 Likes

I grabbed the ghost of Christmas future. Can’t wait

But Now my realforce numpad won’t match :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool thanks for sharing!

1 Like

aaaand they’re gone! Congrats to everyone who joined, can’t wait for us all to have ours!

5 Likes