The Heavy-6: a Norbauer case for the FC660C

Ha. Well, I would certainly have quite a few more titanium keyboards. :yum:

Is this the leaked info confirming that we’ll see a Titanium Norbauer keyboard in the future? :thinking:

I don’t know how the timelines are looking, but is there any hope that they’ll converge to the point where the Heavy-6 may possibly ship with a Norbauer traveling bag? (For an extra fee).

1 Like

Or maybe a Norbauer mobile crane :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t hesitate to offload some of my collection to make room for a titanium case.

I would totally spring for a bag. But only if it has those hand cast silver keyboard zipper pulls.

I’ve already got a prototype of a special-edition bag specifically designed to fit the Heavy-6, part of the reason that I’ve spent some extra time getting this GB ready. I haven’t finished the zipper pull prototypes yet for that one, but they’ll be little mini Heavy-6s just as the TKL bag has little mini Norbaforces. :slight_smile:

So, oddly, the timeline will probably look like this: Heavy-6s are offered with pre-order special-edition custom bag option (like, really soon, I promise). Then TKL bags are completed and offered as an in-stock item. Then Heavy-6s ship with their bags after.

1 Like

Tungsten. You’re going ultra light when you should be thinking Heavy Metal \m/.

Stainless steel is a step in the right direction, but not far enough. Stainless with a tungsten weight would be better. All tungsten would be the mighty hammer of the gods.

1 Like

Or platinum for the extra bling and weight :dizzy_face:

You’re not going far enough

Depleted Uranium case when?

Now that you said it, it won’t take long. Keyforge made an artisan with weed and beard hair after all.

All he’d have to do now is break into a military base and steal some tank shells.

Yeah, I don’t give a fig about Topre in general, but I really want that Stainless Steel Heavy 6 now. Goddamn it. I’m in.

Yeah, the thing about Tungsten is that it is super heavy without the whole precious-metal cost. I mean, money no object I’d want silver or gold. Both are quite easy to machine, for sure. There’s just that one little thing. Cost.

Tungsten is very heavy, doesn’t have the negative health effects of LEAD, and isn’t completely cost-prohibitive. I understand that it is a bitch to machine. However, you know, I’m not really asking for the entire case. Just the back-plate. I have a putter that is machined Tungsten and Aluminum. The two metals are dove-tailed. It’s my favorite putter out of, what? 13? I have a lot of putters. It’s a Carbite. I could provide pictures. It works as adveriised and rolls true.

Just asking. That’s all.

At last, as of today, I think I’ve almost got all my ducks in a row with the various workshops and factories, and I’m striving to get this group buy live by the weekend.

Here is what the Motorsport case looks like. It has turned out to be a surprise favorite finish of mine.

6 Likes

Here also the (optional) custom carry bag:

3 Likes

Not gonna lie I would be happy with just the bag. I’ll be too broke to afford the actual case :joy:

I hope the group buy lasts a long time or that there’s a Round 2. I’m still recovering from the Norbatouch and Norbaforce GBs :frowning: I don’t even have an FC660C. I’d hate to miss out on this but the timing just isn’t right for me. Someone order 10 so you can sell them to the people that miss out <3

1 Like

Ooh finally a closer look!

That yellow is striking. The powder coat is rougher than I expected, though.

I’m also very excited about the other options… Can’t wait! :star_struck:

Oh my… I originally had my heart set on the all-steel version… but this motorsport yellow is calling out to me… Amazing color and textures @norbauer!