The Heavy-6 (now resurrected in polycarbonate)

I see there are silver ano norbatouches available too, which have coincidentally been on my someday-maybe list for a while.

2 Likes

Bless. I Just got one. Ditching HHKB, Leopold here I come!

2 Likes

I checked there everyday but yesterday and I missed it again!

Will the groupbuy for Heavy 6 happen again? The availability for FC660C seems better these days together with the revival of the white FC660C.

3 Likes

I missed it too! Though I’d rather get an Aperture than the PC :rofl: just now subscribed by email to all Heavy-6 colours haha

2 Likes

Our prayers have been answered! Glad to have just grabbed one on the Norbauer store.

1 Like

In

1 Like

Yup. It has been re-resurrected.

For those of you with quick trigger fingers, you got it for slightly cheaper than I should have made it because I forgot to include the cost of the acoustic dampeners. I updated the price and included a line to mention that those are included with this batch.

4 Likes

i hope i made it…just saw the newsletter now :fearful:

If it let you check out, you’re good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m gonna hold out for the next round of Aperture! Heavy-6 gotta be HEAVY haha

off-topic but are you getting in on the KBDfans Hipro keycaps GB?

I’ll try to do a small number (maybe like 10-20) in aluminum eventually if this batch of polycarbs sells out. If I do make another batch, that likely won’t be for a while (perhaps fall or winter), however. The main thing is I’m running out of logo badges, which is a hard limit on how many more Heavy-6 housings I can make. (The MOQ on those badges was high, and I don’t think I could ever sell enough more of the design to justify ordering a new batch.)

The dyesub job looks blurry to me on those and the design uninspired, so I decided to sit it out. (Nobody matches SP when it comes to dyesub legend crispness.) I’d imagine that they sound nice though. I love thick PBT!

5 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels the same way about SP’s dye-sub… I feel like not enough people talk about it, it’s still incredible to me how much better it is compared to any of the other major players in the dye-sub space, although they all have the popularity advantage of using Cherry profile

I agree that SP’s dye sub quality is completely underrated. They must have it down to a science. It would be really interesting to see how they actually produce them

1 Like

Is the next mini batch only in Aperture color? I already have the Aperture and would like to have other colors such as grey or black.

12 Likes

@Goguma thanks again for helping me decide on what realforce to get–i have an R2 now in a Norbaforce and it’s pretty fun having that against Leopold Topre. I’m signed on for Urbi R(2?). had a couple questions for you since you own a few PC Norbauer products: do you notice any wear or stress on the polycarbonate where it screws into the housing? I might’ve asked you this before, so apologies if so.

do the PC cases frost on their own/over time, or does it still look as much as when you first purchased it?

Hey, glad you’re happy with your Norbaforce! I don’t see any visible stress in the threads or the holes. Most of my Norbauer PC cases have a steel backplate (with the exception of the Norbatouch), where the opening of the hole for the screws are not PC but the steel backplate. In all of Norbauer’s PC cases, he has three “scrubbers” included with the packaing (I think these are the same material as those found on the backs of sponges). You use these to frost the Polycarbonate housing. The ones that I’ve received are generally much like the picture I just posted, much less frosted than the typical PC cases you see in the market.

He has a pretty neat instructional video as well!

1 Like
2 Likes

I thought I was watching the intro credits of a techno-futuristic thriller, especially with the sweet soundtrack and light flicker. Nice film.

1 Like

Ha. Those fluorescent lights were a nightmare. I subsequently learned how to eliminate flicker like that by adjusting the shutter speed, but back when I shot this I was just starting to get into video and had no idea what I was doing.

1 Like