The Mark 65

Just noticed this IC on reddit; looks like a good price ($250) for a custom:

Of course it’s gasket mount, we’re still in 2020 after all, but the thing that interests me the most about this is the two-part bottom piece. I wonder what that will do to the sound of the board, especially since adding foam under the PCB seems like a bad idea since it would be visible through the polycarb piece.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Oh, and before you start second guessing your memory of GMK sets the guy said way down in the comments that the keyset doesn’t exist; he just made it up for the board renders.

2 Likes

It is a nice keycap set though. Kind of evokes The Matrix code without being over the top about it.

I like how Ctrl, Shift, and Enter make a perfect little stair-step on the right. Not so sure about the placement of the engraved logo. I feel like it should have the same amount of space between it and the arrow keys as the arrows and everything else, though that would mean it either wouldn’t line up with the nav keys or wouldn’t be the same size as an individual key slot. Idk, its an interesting graphic design problem for sure.

But yeah, I’m also curious how it would sound. Maybe black foam wouldn’t show too badly? Maybe you could add a half foam piece and have a weird little resonance chamber? Makes me wish I hadn’t just bought a 65%.

2 Likes

Nice keyboard. I like the layout a lot but I’m not a fan of the logo. I’m curious as to the sound with that bottom split piece, it has to affect the sound.

1 Like

This is in GB now. I like the layout a lot, despite the other issues people have with it (like the logo). I decided to go for it.

2 Likes

There’s one on ebay right now for what looks like a pretty decent price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boardsource-The-Mark-65-Mechanical-Keyboard/324465746217

1 Like

Hopefully not all PC are like this

2 Likes

It’s crazy how many NK65s are being flipped on eBay (I only mention it because so many appeared with the Boardsource listing you linked to).

“1 lot available (5 items per lot)” I wonder what this really means, if it means 5 of these boards for $300 it is one hell of a deal. I’d be tempted to grab it if that was the case, but most likely it’s $300 for one of them LOL!

1 Like

Purchased, review coming soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks like the seller only has one available!

1 Like