The Mini M is go!

https://www.pckeyboard.com/page/product/MINI_M

Finally! Won’t ship till March 20th. Find those gift certificates if you “pre-ordered” the board (just in case you forgot, lol).

16 Likes

wow thats a beaut and a tank.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting literal years for this. What a time to be alive!

10 Likes

Seriously, a great time indeed.
Not sure if I’ll roll with the black chassis or paint that sucker cream. Sorry, getting ahead of myself – I’m a little too excited.

I haven’t followed super closely but I feel like this has been coming soon for like a lot of years

1 Like

Easy purchase at that price.

1 Like

Oh noooo I said I was done buying keyboards this year. It’s been just long enough for me to stop thinking about this little guy. 🤷 :moneybag: :keyboard:

2 Likes

Literally cost more than half the total cost to ship it to the UK but hey - this is a looooooong time coming. My wallet’s already bruised from the Ikki68 Aurora GB yesterday.

2 Likes

I jumped on that as well. Luckily I was able to grab one in the Mizu color way (if they can deliver by June, it would be a grand feat). Not an easy day for my wallet, lol. Now the Thermal Seq2 is looking right at me… :sweat:

3 Likes

Christmas come early.

I have no intention of looking for anymore for a good while… that’s my plan anyway.

Sometimes they find you :wink:

4 Likes

I’m planning on buying one but waiting for a 86 key option.

Back in early 2020 I purchased a fullsize New Model M but never warmed up to the windows key on the right. At the time they didn’t offer a 103 option but now they do for a few dollars. No matter, the wife stole it from me.

Soon to be an all Unicomp household! :smiley:

2 Likes

Great unboxing from Chyrosran22 of this board!
hopefully they iron out the spacebar issues, but it was nice to see the unit a professionals hands

5 Likes

That voice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

The spacebar might have just had a popped wire TBH. Also I’m sure Chyros will let them know if there really is an issue with it. He did say his was a proto. Either way these are definitely looking pretty lit. Might have to grab one for the collection since I haven’t had any luck finding a OG SSK at a decent price yet!

1 Like

Yeah I’m not terribly concerned about their ability to fix the spacebar. it seems pretty nice overall! my only real complaint is that fat locklight zone in the top bezel looks rather ugly, I wish they had left the bezels unobstructed, and found somewhere else, more within the footprint of the TKL layout, for the LEDS.

2 Likes

Why no beige :cry:

3 Likes

I’m curious to know what exactly was wrong with his. I also received a prototype of the Mini M for critical review purposes last month, and my spacebar feels about the same as any other existing Unicomp.

Overall though, I’m very happy with my engineering sample and it can only get better! There’s some other issues with it (all documented on my website), but with some back-and-forth with Unicomp, they’ve were taken seriously and will be fixed on the final product. In fact, they resolved one of the issues mine had (a very misaligned right Windows key) in time for chryos’ sample.

2 Likes