The Norbazaar event: rare, weird, and random Topre aftermarket housings

I’m actually a little bummed to hear this because I spent a good chunk of time automating a bot to occasionally check for stock updates since I found myself compulsively checking the website far too often. Will the new platform have a similar customer API? :sweat_smile:

I emailed the same question last week - they are all Pro 3.

2 Likes

That’s not something I would have thought to build on purpose, but I’m not averse to exposing a REST API that gives you what you need. Not a priority for now (scrambling just to get it feature-complete right now), but feel free to nudge me once the new site it up. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Compulsively checking the website far too often also has been a hobby of mine @sicatron
Good on you for coding something up to check it. I’ve definitely missed some things.

That’s a good idea to support a REST API when you get time @norbauer !

will there still be any more polycarb/periwinkle/sunset blvd heavy grails available? :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

new stock alert! Lot 113-117.

ps: pls clean up the old listings that have shipped, again :pray:

1 Like

Haha. You guys and your bots.

I’m sending out an email tomorrow around noon Pacific announcing what stock we currently have and also that I’ll be going on @TaehaTypes’s stream around 1pm Pacific to premiere a little short film essay I made about why I love keyboards so much. Feel free to tune in and treat it as an AMA.

3 Likes

@norbauer Can you post the Norbaforce Mark II dimensions? I’m trying to get a case for it. I measured:

Length: 385mm
Width: 182mm
Height: 35mm

I think it’s a little bit off.

Your measurements are roughly correct. I’d have to calculate some of the dimensions when assembled with risers, but here are the individual parts:

Just let me know if you need something more specific.

4 Likes

Thanks. I factored in keycap height (cherry) in my height measurement, but every keycap is different.

And almost everything is gone. Just the polycarb H9 left :partying_face:

Has anyone heard about whether there will be extras/less-than-A-stock Norbaforce MKIIIs in Aerospace? Was just not looking at Topre earlier when these were put up and kicking myself for not paying attention earlier.

1 Like

We started unpacking, inspecting, and assembly this latest shipment last week, which included the Aerospace Norbaforce housings. These are all parts related to the Norbazaar effort to balance out mismatched parts so we didn’t have a bunch of spare components lying around not going to use in actual products. This means that, happily, almost all pending Norbazaar items that were waiting on missing components should go out in the next week or so.

As of this writing, all the Aerospace Norbaforces are sold and allocated, with just a few of the Aerospace Grails left. So, while it’s always possible that we find a b-stock and the original person who ordered it decides he or she doesn’t want it, I wouldn’t rate it as likely. We’ve been getting near 0% reject rates on our latest anodized parts, so it’s likely our existing orders will exactly match up to what we ship.

However, I will just note that I’ve recently been doing some experimentation with some challenging new finishes. If those tests turn out well, I’ll likely be doing a very small batch of Norbaforces and Grails in both. This will be a way of testing finishing options that I’d like to offer on my new forthcoming product (the Seneca) even though that product isn’t fully production-ready yet. If I do offer those, I’ll definitely send out a newsletter to my list rather that putting them in the Norbazaar randomly.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed information! Glad I picked up an Aerospace HG then. Fingers crossed for a Norbaforce in the future. Congratulations on balancing out all the stock!

Thanks! I’d definitely going to make planning and organizing stuff around the workshop much easier. :blush:

Oh no ~ I don’t know if I can justify a 4th Heavy Grail :melting_face:

1 Like

What is the “Harvard Square” finish from lot 123?

1 Like

@norbauer @altano another request to clean up of the listing for better usability

• Lot 53-100 buttons should be removed as many as possible, no point clogging up the space anymore
  • Lot 118-124 should be moved up to the top? Why is it at the bottom this time

It’s getting ridiculous at this point that the Norbazaar page is so poorly managed.

@thelaughingman It’s hard to listen constructively to criticism, whether valid or not, that is stated in such a needlessly hostile way. I think you might be overstating your case a little.

1 Like