Things that make us go... hmmm

Holy hell. Great, so now there’s a crime scene. Malware distribution is a big no-no.

1 Like

This kind of thing is why I had to leave all my keyboard related discords sadly, hope that had this happen to them can resolve its issues

1 Like

Thing that makes me go hmmm.

The limbo of shipping label shipping service awaiting package. 1-3 days fine I get it. You tell me you ship once a week understandable, GMK shipment of a bajillion units takes up all your living space until you can ship it out, feel for you, get it. 10+ days no info from vendor in label printed status SUS…

6 Likes

And here is another thread:

Bit of a clusterfuck aint it

5 Likes

The Aura Mech situation is concerning. This guy can’t fulfill small orders for months - what happens when hundreds of GMK kits from his group buys show up? He ran like 4 group buys last year for keycaps that will start rolling in.

Apparently, he was running the store full time, but then went back to his full time job.

Ugh.

1 Like

Looping in @CosmicKira

So, both those shops are on our list of keyboard retailers shops/stores/vendors page.

Should we be proactive and remove them with a PSA to this post, or should we just leave it alone? What’s the community’s expectations here?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/rosecables/status/1392135859500158984

@ajoflo I only know what’s been posted here and not the full scope of the drama, but removal seems like a last resort (and something that might be more calculated once the dust settles?). At the least, I think a new icon would be helpful to denote caveat emptor when there’s sufficient turmoil/cause.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would think a warning on both of those entities and awareness that there’s a new entity might be good. I know I won’t make a purchase until I heard orders were fulfilled and customers made right. I don’t care what gets said in the meantime.

6 Likes

@sarvopari @Extra_Fox roger that. Totally agree.

I changed Summit Cables to Rosecables and added a new legend icon next to their listings.

:warning: = Untrusted

4 Likes

I initiated the charge back process as the owner of rosecables/summitcables had promised to process the refund a couple days back and he has not even done so. This seems to the case for other individuals.

1 Like

Go home, USPS, you’re drunk.

NO, RLLY - STAHP

8 Likes

Ok what the hell

2 Likes

the Trend of optical switches.

1 Like

For the most part, modern optical switches feel pretty damn good (beats most contact based switches out there), I just don’t like how there is not yet any standardisation for them.

6 Likes

This 100%, contactless is the holy grail of smoothness. Not quite sure why they haven’t caught on in the enthusiast scene at all? Imagine a really nice custom with a PCB that accepts optical switches, then a custom optical linear switch from JWK that uses their polishing…:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Another thing that makes me go hmmm: discord servers for everything. PUHLEAAAASSSSEEEE

10 Likes

Hard agree with that! At first I really liked Discord, but then when I found out they had limit on the amount of servers you could join I quickly adopted the same pet peeve!

2 Likes

I did find it helpful with this discord mess to set up my own server and import the announcemet channels from the servers that I want to watch. That way I can see it all in 1 channel instead of having to remember to check them all constantly.

7 Likes

things the make me go hhmmmm in a very angry fashion:

Putting screenprotectors on things with curved edges. First I tried my versa 2 and then cause that wasnt enough nerves my phone.