Things that make us go... hmmm

This is the current update for Noxary

5 Likes

I mean that’s what color lattes are “on the way out,” right?

It’s been a while since I’ve had one.

…or been to a urologist. :thinking:

1 Like

Taeha’s latest vid really kind of drives it home that “silence speaks volumes,” and the companies that drop all communication out of nowhere, it’s likely a bad sign, and you should be on the phone to your credit card company to start the process of a charge back.

No need to award shady behavior by allowing them to hold on to your cash…

Folks are usually pretty understanding with companies that keep them in the loop with monetary issues and delays. Pitchforks only come out when delivery dates come and go and updates are few and far between, if at all. Some of these companies are the sole distributor of these boards or keycaps, so it leaves folks in a bind and casts a negative light on the hobby in general.

3 Likes

The Corsas are nice, aren’t they! I had them originally in my red Salvation. I think I installed them straight out of the bag and was pretty impressed. :+1: :+1:

(and they do type faster because they are red :rofl: )
:racing_car: :dash:

1 Like

Keycaps were surprisingly good. Finally out of like a thousand goofy XDA sets someone in China hit a home run with this one (XDA Midsommers Night Dream or something like that).

The Corsa switches are very good, especially if you prefer full travel switches that won’t wear you out typing. Tactility is medium.

I tend to go for long pole, very high tactility switches that beat up your hands when you type, but these are a nice change up. I am using them stock, but they do feel as though they could benefit from some lube. The factory pre-lube is too conservative. But they are very pleasant regardless.

And since they are all red they definitely type faster.

4 Likes

Not one but two companies brought this keycap color combination to be. My eyes struggle to adjust to the picture, in real life it is worse

MechanicalKeyboards Leopold exclusive Vapor

Used it just for the shell maybe I can swirl them in some gray dye

4 Likes

Wow - that’s awful! Sometimes I feel like keyboard designers are going through the visual design rulebook, picking a page at random and saying “I feel like breaking this rule today”.

(I suppose in fairness this was simply produced by someone who doesn’t know about chromostereopsis.)

2 Likes

They’re stealing a page out of Tai-Hao’s playbook! :upside_down_face: Seriously though that is a heinous looking combo…

2 Likes

“You gotta try it, it’s terrible.”

4 Likes

[IC] DRY STUDIO x GATERON Custom Made DR Rapid Ice Switch oh boy another switch designed for gaming

2 Likes

Zeal is running a GB for a new board. Says delivery in November. I’m not even gonna link it. No way. No how. You mean to tell me people forget this quickly?

6 Likes

Forget what? /s

2 Likes

The board is very expensive for what it is, more than 450$ if I recall.

2 Likes

Um, that’s the SALE price… I think they are trying to convince you that it’s a humdinger of a deal, because they feel it should be $600…

:person_facepalming: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Successor to the original Invyr Panda!??!!??!

I’m sure they meant the Holy Panda frankenswitch… since the original Invyr Panda was itself a flop in its original stated goal of being a super smooth linear.

There’s a reason YOK and other subsequent Pandas came around - and that reason is that by the time Quakemz mixed-up Holy Pandas, Invyr Pandas were already out of production and hardly on anyone’s radar.

Pandamania emerged from mixing Kailh and BSUN parts - not from the BSUN switch on its own. That at the time un-planned interaction between BSUN’s linear leaf and Kailh’s tactile stem brought something new to the MX sphere - but it sure isn’t new at this point.

This is like someone saying they’ve found the next Beatles - yeah - there have been plenty of bands just as if not more talented through the years, but none have had that unique opportunity in cultural and technological change that they did. Same goes for Holy Pandas. We have lots of better switches right now, and none of them will ever have the same level of name recognition - not because of their quality, but because of their context.

6 Likes

What are some examples? I’ve tried Outemu Pandas and Glorious Pandas, but curious if there are some better similar options.

1 Like

I somehow missed the boat on Holy Pandas, but I’d put Boba U4T at the top of the tactile list.

3 Likes

I love TTC’s take on the tactile Panda, and I also love stuff that is derivative but a little different, like Moyu Bettys or Diced Fruit Kiwis.

3 Likes

Idobao taking a risk. Not my cup of tea, but nice to see something different. They call it the “Fragrance Keyboard.”

3 Likes

Definitely not one I would have seen coming.

As far as I can tell that bit with the flower is a ceramic diffuser for fragrance oils. If aroma is your thing, hey, why not.

1 Like