Things that make us go... hmmm

A keyboard jacket…

The price :fearful:

4 Likes

Will someone in this forum buy this … at this ridiculous price ???

1 Like

NordVPN is trying to tell me something.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! :open_mouth:

No worries, that was kind of a first for me. I haven’t experienced a “NordVPN Intervention” yet.

1 Like

Pretty sure I saw the YouTuber, Hipyo tech, got it. I think it was on Reddit or something. Not a bad looking jacket lol

2 Likes
3 Likes

The batch of smoothie switches I got from Divinikey sure seem less consistently lubed than the first batch that I purchased directly from Gateron.

Hmm…

4 Likes

Hmm, got my two batches from CannonKeys & NovelKeys. Both had the good lubing IMO. In fact I had my DR70F with the CK smoothies at the meetup this weekend & everybody that tried them was pretty impressed with the factory lubing. Wonder what’s up with DK’s batch?

3 Likes

My favorite artisan of all time is the Keyforge Shishi. I was checking for any new raffles to try to pick up another one, but the last update I saw from Keyforge was end of 2022. Does anyone know if they’re still around and active in the artisan world?

Dunno. I took them all out of their annoying small packages and put them in a board. Going across a row it’s like clack, clack, thock, clack, thock, thock, clack, clack. :joy:

2 Likes

:rofl: Although that is frustrating. On the other hand I’m sure Smoothies would be fire hand lubed.

1 Like

Me trying to pull off quiet stabs

9 Likes

I dont know if I have already mentioned this somewhere but we need a project to categorize and archive all of the essentials that are solely on discords and websites. There are so many keyboards now that will become nonfunctional ewaste if we cant back up their firmware and other documentation because the firmware and docs are linked from just an ali express page or discord to a google drive or a web config tool that we dont have the backend source for.

My lack of apostrophes here is because I am typing on a lazy designers bolt and I havent figured out how to get use via dot app to load under ubuntu through vivaldi, Speaking of things that make you go hmm.

2 Likes

Not sure if you guys followed the DCS Superweld stuff. But they tried to run the Hyperfuse Colorway in DCS profile and never got any response from Oco or Bunnylake.

They decided to run the GB over discord. 200 sets sold in less than 2 days. Payments all but a dozen collected

Then Oco reached out to Signature Plastics just today and told them they don’t want it run.

So the group buy is off. Refunds being made.

Oco continues to be a cancer in this hobby. :joy:

9 Likes

Just received my refund… so disappointed. Would’ve been nice to have Hyperfuse in the OG profile and the original colours but here we are, I guess. Price was great too.

4 Likes

Keyreative getting cheeky with keyset names

4 Likes

I wanted to share this one for a few reasons;

• I like the demonstration about how case roominess and density affect sound

• The keyboard is super fun, and itself has a thematically appropriate sound

• The two-button macro pad actually has MX switches in hot-swap sockets finally, a reasonable application for those meme-heavy springs I have

• Thomas’ deadpan hyperbole is always good for a chuckle

7 Likes

Well we really didn’t need another reason to hate Oco but they sure gave it to us… F8

4 Likes

There is a local guy near me that did this board, but swapped in the Zeal Clickies and paired it with JTK Classic FC GB – NovelKeys LLC.

It came out really nice sound wise, and I think the JTK keycaps match the board better.

EDIT: I didn’t know there were two versions of this board, but the guy I mentioned above has the Famicom version that would fit the red of JTK Classic much better.

2 Likes