Things that make us go... hmmm

This is definitely one of the scummier things retailers are adding to their shopping carts.

3 Likes

That’s amusing to me, because where I live when they do that things actually tend to show up on time and in good condition. Maybe it’s because we have the same mail lady each time, but whenever FedEx themselves deliver it’s always delayed or looks like it was drop kicked. I was more memeing on how little I trust FedEx, but out of them, DHL, UPS and USPS where I live they are constantly the worst. At least our UPS driver is always the same and waits a minute for me to answer the door when it’s raining instead of just putting it down and leaving.

1 Like

This is “The Key Company”, right? They are based in the United States, which has strong consumer protections and generally places the liability of lost and stolen packages on the seller, regardless of whether or not the payment was made via credit card or not. It’s up to the seller to choose the suitable courier, delivery conditions (e.g., requiring a signature), and/or insurance that manages their risk.

However, it is also a good idea to make purchases via a credit card, since the credit card companies will generally favor the buyer and it make it much easier to resolve such disputes (e.g., with a simple chargeback).

Yes, this is incredibly scummy by tricking people into paying for insurance (that they do not need) in order to essentially reduce the seller’s risk.

1 Like

A bit of a minor “hmm…” (ok maybe not that minor): we are approaching the 4-year anniversary of the Rukia R2 buy. My brother bought into that one and there has been no update from Jaxx’s side in a hot minute

4 Likes

Just chiming in to say that I’ve had good experiences (delivered on time, package in great condition, driver went the extra distance to make sure our package was secure and dry on rainy days, etc) and bad (late or missing well past the expected delivery, delivered to the wrong house, box smashed to an inch of its life, left in the grass in the middle of our yard behind a tree, etc) with US Post Office, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Amazon, LaserShip, and a few other smaller companies. Like others mentioned, who runs the local office makes a big difference, but even the specific delivery driver that day matters. Some people are capable and care about doing a good job and others… eh, not so much.

1 Like

This 100%, I’ve had good & terrible experiences with all of the major shipping agencies. My experience has been the same, IMO the biggest factor is the delivery driver themselves.

1 Like

I started working at fedex and I can change that lmao

4 Likes

:scream:

I had a good experience today where the person delivering my keycaps did their best to hide the package from view so opportunistic people may not grab it while I wasn’t home

3 Likes

I wish people delivering to me would do that. We got a walking trail that comes right through my driveway now & almost every package we’ve got since then they leave right in front of my fence in full view of anyone walking on the trail… I consider it a small miracle we haven’t had a package stolen yet.

1 Like

BSUN X sounds very similar to Gazzew switches to me.

Could the secret ingredient in their proprietary Boba material be POK?

Hmm

3 Likes

I’m so perplexed by this package

So, let me break this one down. First off, I have no clue what this is. I order lots of stuff, but I have no insight into what this could be. I’m not missing anything that I know of.

Someone made a shipping label for this in Los Angeles on Jan31.

Then it was scanned in its first location at Metro NY on March 31, two months after the shipping label was printed in LA.

Then, the same day… it makes it to Memphis, TN. I’m pretty sure priority mail can’t do that, but okay.

Then nothing. Sits for one week with no scan. Then scans as out for delivery. But then the same day it’s scanned for re-delivery the following day (which is something I’ve never seen in the 8 years I’ve lived here).

Then… on the same day I get a notification that it is “Available for pickup” at my local post office. Again, I’ve never seen that in 8 years.

So I head to the PO this morning, long wait, but they can’t find it. Second person comes out and says my carrier already loaded it in his truck

Back home I go.

I catch him at the mailbox 3 hours later because I’m anxious to figure this one out. He doesn’t have it. He says maybe it’s on his truck in the wrong spot, and he’ll come back if he finds it.

I leave to pick up my son from school and get a notification that it was delivered. Get home. No package.

Now I certainly have had a few times where it says something is delivered and then it comes the next day. So I’m hoping that’s the case.

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS IT!? :man_shrugging:

I’ve spent sho much time looking through emails and bank accounts. I simply have no idea

Hmmm

10 Likes

Man, this is a rollercoaster! I’m invested now. I need to know!

2 Likes

Pretty sure this is a leaked script for the next National Treasure movie…

2 Likes

And now I present to you the top ten things that pixelpusher is getting in the mystery package.

IMG_0326

10. One of the vendors that ran off with the money mailed pixelpusher the entire remaining inventory.

9. it’s Rama. In the box.

8. a late nite GB pixelpusher entered and forgot about immediately. We’ve all been there.

7. pixelpusher’s print subscription to Keyboard Builder’s Digest has been backed up for a bit. Here’s all 160 issues in hardback on their door step with steel cases for each one.

6. One-thousand one-hundred eighty-four stabilizer wires.

5. New Oreo collab with Omnitype, it’s the Bauer lite sandwich cookie

4. Thank you for being a customer but at this time the top ten list has run out of jokes and we will be fleeing the country & keeping the money. Please look forward to this list as individual NFTs on the blockchain.

13 Likes

oh man, the good old Late Night top 10… that makes me feel young again. Those sure were the days :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Quick update… the mailman just didn’t come at all today.

5 Likes

Are you going to just never get mail again, and we will never know? This is so weird!

4 Likes

I fear that’s the case. I have no way to raise concern because I cannot contact the sender to pursue the usps insurance on it, since I have no idea who sent it. Maybe one more day will bring a resolution :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

4 Likes