Things that make us go... hmmm 🤔

Went through my discord server list and was saddened to see how many keyboard companies just died. Either through exit scamming or just closing down shop.

7 Likes

but GOOD NEWS! I can delete a few so that I am below the 100 limit. And now I can join MORE!

6 Likes

Had to do a double take seeing GMK hyperfuse origins preorders on novelkeys. Thought originative had that stuff locked down tight.

1 Like

while we’re here can we talk about how annoying Discord’s 100 server limit is, and more so that they’re just icons no text and no search making finding one you sort of kind of remember nigh impossible.

5 Likes

trying to find a server that you haven’t visited in months among a sea of icons. I feel that pain

3 Likes

I’m still a member of the Vala Supply server partially out of spite, and partially to identify fellow exit-scam victims for solidarity :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I did finally leave that one, but I’m still in the Trivium server. We just hit 6 years since GB. Big old exit scam. I like to check back in annually.

3 Likes

I put my servers in folders, so I only have like 10 folders to scroll through, plus a few servers that don’t fit in a folder. I collect my losses in a specific folder that includes the Kiko’s Lab server and any I had to join to try to recover parts - that’s been 6 years; Kono’s server - I should free myself of that one; 3rd party Matrix accessories I’m still hoping will deliver…I don’t know if anything’s going on with the Rama boards that never delivered - I’m not in any servers related to that.

6 Likes

hmmm…. @Andreas ?

5 Likes

Found on the kitchen floor this morning.

I haven’t built a board with a screw like this any time in the past few months. What the heck is it from? I already looked through 20 or 30 cases and it’s not apparent.

I was hoping it was a spare or something but it definitely has debris from being inserted.

Hmmm…

And where do I place such object so that if I do run across the case with missing slot in the future I can easily find it??

3 Likes

Weird. Is it M3? Could it just have come out of the fridge or something else in the kitchen?

3 Likes

Yep, M3 socket head. I suspect a cat was involved :rofl:

NOTE TO FUTURE SELF:

IM GOING TO PUT IT IN A SMALL BAGGIE LABLED “MYSTERY SCREW” AND PLACE THAT BAGGIE IN MY BIN LABELED “SCREWS AND FEET”

There. Surely I can’t lose this :rofl:

6 Likes

Ask us if you forget - we’ll try to remind you!

4 Likes

Google Japan is silly, apparently. This isn’t even their only silly keyboard video.

3 Likes

I’m surprised you haven’t seen Google Japan’s top tier shenanigans before, they unironically put the time and effort into actualizing a silly input device. The fact that everything is thoroughly thought out both hardware and software and then open sourced onto github for anyone to make themselves is simply awesome. Also their “ads” they make for these are just top notch, the contrast between the abomination (I mean this in the most positive way possible) they’re showing off and their totally serious demeanor is hilarious.

They usually do these once or twice a year and have been for a very long time, I believe usually for april fools and then one more time at some point in the year.

2 Likes

Didn’t they do a Möbius keyboard at one point?

Yea the Mobius strip keyboard was last years funny keyboard.

1 Like