Things that make us go... hmmm

speechless

6 Likes

Tongue Twister: 100

2zvwal

Sasmung and Aoplle strike again

Canoe’s and cursed PCBs. I couldn’t name a better combo :frowning:

2 Likes

There seems to be a few interesting translations, my favorite being ‘shaft gasket’.

1 Like

We need to go deeper lol

Does anyone else’s spacebar twist like this when actuated with a center press? It seems to rest at a heavy top-left angle. Flipping the spacebar upside down totally fixes it. I’m super confused.

spacebar-shimmy

4 Likes

So, I’ve totally had this happen.

I’m not conclusively sure, but I think this is one or both of:

• Spacebar warpage
  • Mild bend in the wire

That it resolves when flipped (and that it looks like PBT) is what makes me think there might be some warpage. That it consistently does it to one side when it does it is what makes me think the wire might have a bend - that it stops when the bar is flipped also lends to this in my mind; perhaps in one orientation the bend is accentuated by the warping, and in the other it might be compensating for it.

5 Likes

Smarty pants. I think you’re right, a warped bar (visually can confirm) and a whacky wire. Ugh, this hobby … labor of love to be sure.

7 Likes

Saw this browsing r/mechmarket today. It better be the best switch in the world for that price! Any takers? (yes yes I know they’re extremely rare :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

but at least it’s more fodder for zambumon to show cherry how badly we need these to return

1 Like

First thought - “that’s a mildly interesting stem”

Second thought - “these are not all the same stem”

8 Likes

That’s so weird and a first for me. Hmm.

So this looks like a movie prop or something and seems way bigger than that K605, right? Anyone know the source of this behemoth?

https://twitter.com/choggerNA/status/1449455839887204357?s=20

5 Likes

That looks big enough to be full of Big Switches, like that functional Razer display.

Also this:

4 Likes

Not sure where to post this, so it’s going here.

Typing ‘Hello World!’ resulted in a neat little beat.

8 Likes

It’s a bandage. Fight me.

3 Likes

Someone should totally get one of these with an adhesive bandage graphic on it.

1 Like

Would be fun if they could incorporate that in the bumpons :thinking:

1 Like

I just love that the actual product page picture for IFK OG has a banana (warped) spacebar…

Truth in marketing exists!

10 Likes