Thoughts on using both Top Mount + Gummy O-ring like in the Tomo

I have heard that a great way to run the Tomo keyboard is to set it up as top mount but still put the gummy o-ring around the plate and PCB. Are there any Tomo owners on here that have given this a try? What are you thoughts?

What about other boards that might be able to run this same configuration? Did you find that it provided any meaning addition?

My KBD8x MkII is currently disassembled but I was wondering if this same mount might be possible in that board. My gut is saying that there will be some interference, but I might have to give it a try.

1 Like

I’ve run my E6.5 like that out of laziness TBH, it really didn’t make much difference on that. Although, the E6.5 doesn’t really feel to different if it’s set up strictly top mount or strictly o-ring so that might not be a good comparison.

Thanks for the reply!

I asked in some other channels and it sounds like it can improve sound, but can also really mute a space bar.

It will be something I try cause it is so easy, but sounds like I shouldn’t expect anything revolutionary.

1 Like