Tsangan plate design files

I spent a fair amount of time getting my measurements just right and didn’t want to mess with SVG (was having some issues especially with converting SVG to DXF). Came up with this “cheat” to achieve a similar effect of copying the plate twice to get 2 plates on a sheet when it is cut.

1. Copy your KLE design from the “Raw data” tab.
  2. Manually add a new row of overlapping keys. Something like: [{x:0.0875,y:0.16},"",{x:-0.4}, “”], (repeat as {x:-0.4}, “” as needed to take up the width of the plate.
  3. Paste your design KLE design from step 1 at the end of step 2
  4. You should now have 2 copies of the board

There is probably a way to eliminate the overlapping keys and use the same concept to get copies of the plate but I couldn’t figure it out. I should just have to make 4 small cuts when they arrive. One end might be jagged from the overlapping cuts but I think it will be ok.

This is the DXF output file from this technique.

1 Like

IRC, Ponoko accepts SVG file. What I did was use SVG version of the template design then copy that into another SVG file sized to match Delrin sheet size. Duplicating as many copies as that’ll fit then submit. Since each plate’s borders are outlined, there is no need for simulate borders using a row of fake key slots. No need to mess with DXF.

Only complication I ran into was to color code the SVG paths to match their requirement because I got errors after uploading that there wasn’t any lines to cut.

Took me a while to get the key cluster spacing just right. Ordered from Ponoko should arrive in about 1 month. Thanks again this was a great post

1 Like