TTC NCR Switches

Has anyone else here tried TTC NCR Switches? What are your impressions? Did the switches have issues like this?

They come from the factory lubed with an oil and they feel quite good, so I decided to try them stock first and I have found that many of the switches have leafs that produce a tick when typing.

It is really annoying and not a problem that I’ve read about in any other linear TTC switch.

I only opened one of them to check the factory lube so the leafs aren’t loose because I was noodling around with the switches.

EDIT: You can hear the leaf noise in this video I just found as well, but on my board it is an even higher and more annoying pitch. May have to rebuild this one with different switches! It is a shame because they feel quite good.

4 Likes

That’s almost certainly not supposed to happen, however, I do applaud TTC for continuing keyboard innovation by creating the clicky linear.

4 Likes

I thought it was funny the top comment in the video was “what a unique sound!”

Blah.

1 Like

With NCR switches, I thought it might be a Fallout-themed switch.

Amazing how that hasn’t happened much yet.

1 Like

Ha you know I’ve never played Fallout despite loving open-world games, so I had to look up what NCR stood for.

1 Like

While this sounds possible, I have a suspicion this person is off-base about their diagnoses. Have you tested it with removed light pipes?

2 Likes

Oh wow, I finally watched the video & those are some bad sounding linear switches! Almost clicky like @Lesbian said. Glad you posted this @rpiguy9907, I like the colorway of these & was thinking of getting a batch. Saved me a few bucks there for sure!

2 Likes

Sure enough I am using GMK on this board and I removed the diffuser and the terrible noise from the NCR switches is gone…

The diffuser removal requires opening the switch, so this is going to be a very boring project one day when I have time. Good thing I put them on a hotswap board.

1 Like