Turning 39 tomorrow, not sure how to feel about that? 😟

I’m turning 39 in June. I enjoyed my life so far and I’m greafult for an awesome son and good health and being able to find little pleasures in my hobbies. I’m financially independent and can make some of my youth dreams come true. Feeling like 30, learning new skills every year!

1 Like

Thanks, @Rob27shred and others for these posts. I had an inactive account here but felt compelled to post when I saw this thread in my email summary.
Happy belated birthday :partying_face:

Getting to 40 and beyond was a rough transition for me. No one knows how much time they have left and yet I had this relentless perception/experience of half a life gone-by. Reflecting on that impermanence at times felt like a grieving process. But there is also all that life experience and further potential to be grateful for. Training the mind to be aware of the wins has been helpful, as has making space for the seemingly heavier, negative emotions. Most of the people I admire, the ones older than me, seem to generally have higher levels of equanimity as a trait. An invaluable skill to work on at any age :wink:

5 Likes