Upcoming Kickstarter for the Checkmate A1500 Plus PC case

There is a Kickstarter that is going to be starting soon.

First some Videos (Youtube):
The Amiga 1500 Story | Commodore Vs Checkmate Digital
Q&A with Stephen Jones (Amiga A1500 Story) of Checkmate Digital
Checkmate A1500 Plus Complete (Update 7/13)

And the site itself:
Amiga Systems

For those out there like myself that want to build a PC with “vintage” aesthetics and workmanship, I encourage you to check this out.

Brand new desktop cases like this are extremely rare!

2 Likes

Another Youtube Update!

Title: Checkmate A1500 Plus update original goals already met best A500 maybe

For those who may be a little lost the 500-600-1000-1200-2000-3000-4000 refer to the original Commodore Amiga series computers. Vampire refers to a 3rd party FPGA accelerator by Apollo Accelerators.

The next build will be with a PC. I believe Stephen said he is going to use a 1080 for that.

Another Youtube Update.

Title: Checkmate A1500 and please support projects on Patreon

PC build will happen soon and will be built to VR specifications.

Since the case can be lifted with risers I’m going to see if he can do temperature readings with and without them. 99.9% sure a 1080 will be utilized.

This looks absolutely fantastic.

I thought I had found an ‘endgame’ PC case in the NFC S4 Mini (classic), but I might have to make an exception and acquire one of these as a HTPC/NAS of some sort.

New update with PC stress test!

Youtube Title: Checkmate A1500 Plus PC System running temperature tests

Campaign starting soon! New update video:

Youtube Title: Checkmate A1500 plus pre Campaign update

I was a little worried as he started talking about cost. £9 more? Still absolutely in.

Just seeing this now somehow but this project is awesome! I will most likely be supporting. :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this! We live in such an awesome time for us retro-futurism nerds. :blush:

Very interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing

I watched the first season of Halt and Catch Fire a few years back; but recently binge watched the rest (Seasons 2-4).

After that, black computers and peripherals absolutely depress me.

Time to beige all the things!

1 Like

Yes!!!

Launch Party begins August 28th @ 8PM GMT!

Er… I think you mean August 28th :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoops! I think you’re right! :rofl:

The campaign is now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/483774293/amiga-3000-inspired-modular-amiga-pc-desktop-compu

Note: I realize that first and foremost this is a keyboard forum. As such, if this thread doesn’t have a lot of activity I would like to bump on day 20 and again at day 30 just before the campaign ends. If the moderators have issues with this please let me know!

2 Likes

24 days to go and nearly 50% funded!

Tomorrow Sunday September 9th @8PM GMT there will be a live Q&A session between Stephen and Bill from Guru Meditation.

Sunday September 16th @8PM GMT there will be a live Q&A session with Special Guest Maddi from MsMadLemon!

Sunday September 23rd @8PM GMT there will be a live Q&A session with Special Guest David Pleasance!

As an update to the Kickstarter campaign, there are 10 days left and 60% funded. If you know anyone who may be looking for a high quality desktop PC case made in the UK please let them know about the campaign.

Final Live Stream this Sunday September 30th @ 8PM GMT.

The pace has picked up but still $25k short of succeeding.

Even if you are not interested in this case but know someone who might please ask them to take a look at this. Thank you!