I’m Buddy and I have been customizing Topre keyboards for the most part of 2020. I spent months of trial and error and RnD to be able to get the best feeling I can from my keyboards. My most recent project was this HHKB that I have for sale.
- Quality Photos
- Typing Demonstration (Camera audio)
- Typing Demonstration Quality Audio (Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone)
This keyboard is gutted, shaved, painted, and filled with weights. At over 2 lbs, It is a staggering 82% heavier than a normal HHKB! This item is considered B-STOCK and is priced accordingly.
The ports have been shaved, that is, bondoed and block sanded smooth, for an ultra clean look. Due to this the DIP switches can only be changed by disassembly of the keyboard housing and the USB port requires a compatible USB cable, with a thin end wrapped in a shrink tube.
Here is my guide to all the modifications done.
- Keys: GMK Sky Dolch
- Domes: Uniform 45g
- Sliders: JTK MX Sliders, Topre Spacebar, Deskeys Silencing Rings #3, Krytox 205g2+105
- Stabilizers: Deskeys Silencing Rings #3, Krytox 203g2+105. Shrink tube and Krytox 205g2 for stabilizer bars.
- PCB: Landing pads for the stabilizers and spacebar. Thin layer of Super Lube quiets capacitive springs
- Case: Iridescent Turquoise, weighted
- CONUS: $550
- International: $575
- No Keycaps or cable: Subtract $180
- Special KeebTalk Price: Subtract $50